Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Question about a music box set

Question about a music box set

Anyone have either Bob Dylan 'biograph' or the Band 'Last Waltz'?
    Both are the same level for me in terms of fan. Any opinions on either?
    Someone wants one last gift idea for me and I'm torn.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Question about a music box set

Love the Last Waltz

get the Dylan.

Thanks. I have almost every song from Dylan. I just heard this is a must for collection purposes.

I also have the last waltz dvd and heard the box set was pretty good. Some people complain about the compression on the remastered cd's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Thanks. I have almost every song from Dylan. I just heard this is a must for collection purposes.

I also have the last waltz dvd and heard the box set was pretty good. Some people complain about the compression on the remastered cd's.
    I don't think Biograph is really necessary, there are only a few extras on the set, all of which you could get online. I would get the Bootleg Series Vols. 1-3 which is just a treasure trove of alternative and lost Dylan cuts. Two or three of my top 10 Dylan faves are exclusively in that set. Outstanding collection.

Anyone have any comments on the Clash On Broadway set? I am going back and forth between getting my sister the five Clash CDs individually or the box set plus the Westway to the World documentary and need to decide today...

The box set is a must. That one has a two page booklet with lyrics and quotes from Joe Strummer and the rest of the band. It shows all their diversity.

Turn Off Ads?