Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dontrelle drinks and drives

Dontrelle drinks and drives

Police arrest Willis on suspicion of drunken driving
    ESPN.com news services

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- Florida Marlins pitcher Dontrelle Willis was arrested early Friday on suspicion of drunken driving, police said.

An officer saw the star get out of his black Bentley around 4:30 a.m. and urinate in the street, police spokesman Bobby Hernandez said. The officer then approached him, noticed signs of intoxication and arrested him, Hernandez said.

Willis, 24, refused a breath test at a police station and was being transported to Miami-Dade County jail, Hernandez said. The Miami Herald reported his bond was set at $1,000.

"'We're aware of the situation but we have no comment," P.J. Loyello, the Marlins vice president for communications, told the Herald.

Willis finished last season 12-12 with a 3.87 ERA in 223 1/3 innings. The year before, he led the major leagues with 22 wins. He was the National League rookie of the year in 2003, the same year the Marlins beat the New York Yankees in the World Series.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dontrelle drinks and drives

Can he play cornerback?

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I like the part where he was getting out of his Bentley. If you pay that much for a car it should come with a Space Shuttle urinal tube.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

I think playing for the Marlins would drive a man to drink....
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

They should cut him, right? That's what half the people here said about Freel.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    He has to do it AGAIN for that to happen!
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

I wonder if the Marlins would trade him now? I would love for him to be in a Reds uniform. The guy is the next Ron Robinson.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    Willis needs one more DUI to catch up to Freel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    I wonder if the Marlins would trade him now? I would love for him to be in a Reds uniform. The guy is the next Ron Robinson.
    And he could attend rehab with the Bengals players just down the street!

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    The guy is the next Ron Robinson.
    ...who happens to hit like Don Robinson.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Senor Votto

Maybe he should play for Cincinnati....Bengals that is

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

If he could only play football...

Turn Off Ads?