Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brewers offer deal to Suppan

hollywood mid westerner

Brewers offer deal to Suppan

ESPN says 4 years...if the Brew Crew get Suppan I'm gonna not watching the REds this year..and Im not kidding

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brewers offer deal to Suppan

Quote Originally Posted by Patpacillosjock View Post
    ESPN says 4 years...if the Brew Crew get Suppan I'm gonna not watching the REds this year..and Im not kidding
    buh bye.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Do you suppose that Castellini actually believed that he had a contender last year not realizing it was the weakened Central more so than he had a contender and just decided this year to recoup some of his initial investment, grab some of that TV revenue to reinvest, and go with his contender of last year?

Seems like every team has a couple bucks but his team.

quote deleted
    Wow.

Is there anyone that's really upset the Reds didn't go after Suppan?
    Last edited by paintmered; 12-22-2006 at 02:58 PM.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Buyer beware.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...articleid=5727

Jeff Suppan: I list him here with this caveat: if you have a great defensive team, you can roll the dice on him. Suppan has been a credible six-inning guy the past three years with the Cardinals because the Cards suck up balls in play like…oh, man, I’m not going to finish that thought. His peripherals have been fairly consistent; his translated strikeout and walk rates are basically the same across the three seasons, and he’s actually gotten better about the long ball. However, when you strike out less than a man every two innings and you don’t have incredibly low walk and/or home-run rates, you need help. Suppan rides a knife edge, and without the support of a top-tier defense, he’d see his ERA jump by a run overnight.

Why would failing to sign a below average pitcher to an above average deal cause you to stop watching the Reds?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

everything I say is irrelevant and stupid.

I was equally mad that Dick Ruthven slipped from the grasp of the Reds.

hollywood mid westerner

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Why would failing to sign a below average pitcher to an above average deal cause you to stop watching the Reds?
    i disagree he's below average..if he joined the staff now he'd be our #3. He's better than Milton or anybody else we have not named Bronson or Harang.

I would have been excited to see him as our #3..a step in the right direction.

Also its not the suppan non-signing that is making me stop watching..its been the past 8 years adding up. Stanton, Conine, Crosby, Moeller, etc..

This isnt the same Reds I loved..

So a group that's been in charge for less than a year, and actually led the team to it's best record in 5 years, is at fault because of the previous group's failures?

It's ok to not agree with what the team's doing, but anything past last january is not Castellini and Krivsky's fault.

If you want to leave... leave. No one cares.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

hollywood mid westerner

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    So a group that's been in charge for less than a year, and actually led the team to it's best record in 5 years, is at fault because of the previous group's failures?

It's ok to not agree with what the team's doing, but anything past last january is not Castellini and Krivsky's fault.

If you want to leave... leave. No one cares.
    thanks Tuffy.

This isnt the same Reds I loved..
    becuase the same Reds you loved have done oh so well over the last decade right?

I'm not defending WK here, and I'm not saying the diretion is "right" - but the fact is the previous Reds won nothing. Whats to love?

Surely we're not cubbie fans..
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

4 years of Suppan...YUCK. One year would be acceptable, but 4 years? The last thing this team needs is another horrible contract like that. Talk to me in a couple of years when the Brewers have to eat this contract.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    4 years of Suppan...YUCK. One year would be acceptable, but 4 years? The last thing this team needs is another horrible contract like that. Talk to me in a couple of years when the Brewers have to eat this contract.
    Agree totally.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    becuase the same Reds you loved have done oh so well over the last decade right?

I'm not defending WK here, and I'm not saying the diretion is "right" - but the fact is the previous Reds won nothing. Whats to love?

Surely we're not cubbie fans..
    And thank god for that! They have just buried that franchise in garbage for the next 5 years! I must add that they did add some average players but at exorbitant costs. In the end the over spenders in the FA season so far that are medium market teams have just "miltoned" themselves for seasons to come>
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Turn Off Ads?