Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Johnny Depp to portray Freddie Mercury in new biopic?

Johnny Depp to portray Freddie Mercury in new biopic?

from www.brianmay.com on reports of Johnny Depp portraying Mercury;

But you're right about one thing ... Johnny Depp is fantastic. He would be a worthy counterpart for Freddie on screen. I don't think I can say any more right now.
    Here's a bit from article:

PIRATES Of the Caribbean star Johnny Depp is in line to play Freddie Mercury in a Hollywood biopic.

The movie, planned for next year, is being developed by Robert De Niro's Tribeca Productions and will focus on Mercury's life, from his birth in Zanzibar in 1946 to his AIDS-related death in 1991, when he was just 45.

Queen guitarist Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor will have the final say over the music in the film - which will see Depp 43, miming to Mercury's original vocal recordings.

Mercury's long-term girlfriend, Mary Austin said: 'I can't think of anyone better to play Freddie.'
    Daniel Day Lewis to play Brian May (I'm hoping anyway.)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Johnny Depp to portray Freddie Mercury in new biopic?

For the past several years, I've thought Depp was one heck of an actor. He is one man who could play that roll off.

Mercury's long-term girlfriend, Mary Austin said: 'I can't think of anyone better to play Freddie.'
    I thought Freddie was gay.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Yep. Freddie had a girlfriend and Elton John was married.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I thought Freddie was gay.
    I think he was actually bisexual
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Freddie and Mary dated for quite a while, until Fred "discovered" he was bisexual in the early '70s. However, they remained good friends.

Sacha Baron Cohen set for Freddie Mercury biopic
    – 2 hrs 10 mins ago

LONDON – "Borat" star Sacha Baron Cohen has been signed up to star in a movie about flamboyant rock star Freddie Mercury, producers said Friday.

Peter Morgan, who wrote "The Queen," is working on a screenplay about the frontman of the band Queen, who died of AIDS-related causes in 1991.

The as-yet-untitled film will climax with Queen's barnstorming appearance at the 1985 Live Aid concert in London. ...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100917/...le_baron_cohen
    The original story (check link) has more. Cohen seems like a better fit than Depp anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    The original story (check link) has more. Cohen seems like a better fit than Depp anyway.
    Looks more like him thats for sure.

I actually think he'll do a helluva job.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?