Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is most likely to be gone before the season starts?

Who is most likely to be gone before the season starts?

Which player(s) is/are most likely to be gone via trade before the season starts?

BTW - these are not the players I'd like to see traded, just the ones I think are likely to be traded.

Obviously pure speculation....

Deno - was supposed to be the RF after the trade. Got pulled. Suddenly Conine is in town and Wayne/Jerry are talking about how he can play out field. See also Bubba Crosby. Freel is precieved to be the hometown favorite and Jerry loves how he runs the bases (despite his overall poor performance at said skill). If I was Norris Hopper I wouldn't be buying any homes in Cincinnati either.

Harris - only because of the recient post that claims he feals he'll be traded. Makes no sense in light of "the trade" but see Ross, Cody for other head scratching moves.

Javy Valentine - I think they like Ross and believe he will duplicate his 2006 season. For some bizzare reason they like Molher which leaves Javy out. Of the three he's got some value (how much is debateable) so I think he's the one they will be dangling for potential trades. Then again, Jerry likes 3 catchers (?!?!).

There's probably more I'm forgetting right now.....
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 12-24-2006 at 08:19 AM.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who will be gone before the season starts?

Javy was the best lefthanded pinchhitter last year so to keep him available for that role this team needs to carry that 3rd catcher.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

I dont see how this team can trade much of anyone else. We have a huge defense gap at Catcher expecially with Ross on the plate full time now. If he backs up and doesn't get ran over gaurding the plate, I might have to play catcher for the Reds myself.

This team is at a huge disadvantage with multi-talented players, we have utility players but none that are multi-talented. Griffey was seriously the last MT player we had, providing good defense and good offense. Edwin may turn into that next year, but his defense is going to need to be boosted a ton. Hatteberg, Ross and Arroyo all need to prove that last year wasn't a fluke; that they can constitently 'bring it'.

Unless we trade most of our "talent" away and completely rebuild, I dont think trading anyone off is going to help much.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by vic715 View Post
    Javy was the best lefthanded pinchhitter last year so to keep him available for that role this team needs to carry that 3rd catcher.
    totally agree with your statements.
    I really would be surprised if any of the main pieces go but you never know..
    I wish the reds could have went after McCarthy if the price was reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    totally agree with your statements.
    I really would be surprised if any of the main pieces go but you never know..
    I wish the reds could have went after McCarthy if the price was reasonable.
    just seen where one of the pitchers was the rangers top prospect so scratch that.

Quote Originally Posted by vic715 View Post
    Javier Valentin's three-year split as a pinch-hitter:

.193/.264/.337/.601 (83 AB, 0 2b, 0 3b)
    Makes all the routine posts.

just seen where one of the pitchers was the rangers top prospect so scratch that.
    Doesn't matter... A prospect for someone who posted good numbers as a rookie? Atleast with McCarthy you KNOW what he can do, with Danks..he's just a projection not a known.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

I think Freel will be traded.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Re: Who is most likely to be gone before the season starts?

Freel or Denorfia will be gone I think. Gotta make room for Conine baby!

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Which player(s) is/are most likely to be gone via trade before the season starts?

Obviously pure speculation....

Deno - was supposed to be the RF after the trade. Got pulled. Suddenly Conine is in town and Wayne/Jerry are talking about how he can play out field. See also Bubba Crosby. Freel is precieved to be the hometown favorite and Jerry loves how he runs the bases (despite his overall poor performance at said skill).

If I was Norris Hopper I wouldn't be buying any homes in Cincinnati either.

Harris - only because of the recient post that claims he feals he'll be traded. Makes no sense in light of "the trade" but see Ross, Cody for other head scratching moves.

Javy Valentine - I think they like Ross and believe he will duplicate his 2006 season. For some bizzare reason they like Molher which leaves Javy out. Of the three he's got some value (how much is debateable) so I think he's the one they will be dangling for potential trades. Then again, Jerry likes 3 catchers (?!?!).

There's probably more I'm forgetting right now.....
    Of this list...

Harris & Freel will probably be traded.

Norris Hopper should be traded for whatever team wants him. He has no place with the Cincinnati Reds.

I don't see Valentin or Denorfia getting traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Of this list...

Harris & Freel will probably be traded.

Norris Hopper should be traded for whatever team wants him. He has no place with the Cincinnati Reds.

I don't see Valentin or Denorfia getting traded.
    I would say...

Freel.
    Harris.
    Hopper.
    Stanton.
    Weathers.
    Cormier.

Cash in the vets before their arms fall off on us, and we get stuck with even more dead-waste.
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodave View Post
    Doesn't matter... A prospect for someone who posted good numbers as a rookie? Atleast with McCarthy you KNOW what he can do, with Danks..he's just a projection not a known.
    point i was making was I personally wouldnt have done a Bailey for McCarthy deal.

Players gone before season starts:

1. Cormier
    2. Crosby
    3. Gil
    4. (Sleeper) Hatteberg - Dunn moves to 1st

point i was making was I personally wouldnt have done a Bailey for McCarthy deal.
    I would have traded Shackleford+EZ for him.
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Something about the general trade master of the Reds makes me think that he will move Dunn if he can find something to rationalize the move. Probably wrong, but there is just something about this guy and his moves.

Turn Off Ads?