Turn Off Ads?

Thread: One More Win - WHO TO START AT RB????

One More Win - WHO TO START AT RB????

If I win this week, I'm in the finals.

Here's what I've got at RB:

Tiki Barber at home vs the Saints
    Ron Dayne at home vs Indy
    Joseph Addai @ Houston
    Jones-Drew at home vs. the Patriots

Now Jones-Drew has been carrying me lately, but I don't want to be the guy that rode a rookie one game too long. Fred Taylor is hurt, so Jones-Drew will be getting all the carries. But New England is 4th in the league against the run and are stingy at giving up rushing TDs. OTOH, Jax plays great at home.

Addai is too up and down and is bursing an injury, so he might not even play. I have no intention of starting him.

Tiki against NO is a good matchup.

Dayne has been awesome the last 3 weeks and is playing against one of the worst running defenses in the game.

Right now I'm thinking Barber and Dayne.

thoughts?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: One More Win - WHO TO START AT RB????

No way I start Ron Dayne.

I'd rank them like this

1. Jones-Drew
    2. Barber
    3. Addai (if he plays)
    4. Dayne

MWM - Hopefully you went with your gut. Dayne and Jones-Drew are blowing up.

I went with Barber and Jones-Drew.

I didn't have the guts to start Dayne. I took him out 30 minutes before game time. But I replaced him with Jones-Drew, so it worked out. I considered playing him instead of Barber, but this was Tiki's final home game, NO has the 35th ranked run defense in the NFL, and it was at home with the Giants playing for their playoff lives. So he gave me his lowest output of the season.

What's really making me sick to my stomach is that I over-reacted to Vince Young's game last week and pulled him in favor of Losman who had been hot. That was the difference between me winning and losing. Had I started Young, I would be in the finals against a not-so-good team.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

What's really making me sick to my stomach is that I over-reacted to Vince Young's game last week and pulled him in favor of Losman who had been hot.
    The same decision cost me my semi-final game, too.

Eli stunk. Stunk, stunk, stunk.

Oops on Ron Dayne. I still don't like him though...

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Can I rant about Eli one more time?

Dude throws a 55 yard TD pass on his first drive and then proceeds to throw for twenty yards the rest of the game.

I hate him. Hate, hate, hate.

I'm going to send him a bill for my lost money lol....

I'll send my bill to Losman. Had I started Young I'd be in the finals against a team I'd almost certainly beat. This guy fell apart the last half of the year and slid into a first round bye. He faced the guy with Tomlinson and Vick this past week who's been killing everyone. Thta guy laid an absolute egg and scored a season low (one of the lowest for our entire league this year).

Oh yeah, that 55 yard TD pass by Eli also cost me. That was a 14 point play in my league (9 points for TDs greater than 50, and 5 for the yards) and I lost by 12.

Turn Off Ads?