Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about those Flyers?

How about those Flyers?

As far as college basketball goes, I realize this boards has a lot of UC, xavier, and UK fans........but how about my Flyers pasting #6 Pitt tonight by 25 points?

Surely there are a few fellow Flyer fans who frequent RedsZone. Let yourself be known.

We are UD!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How about those Flyers?

I always root for UD. I went to the Oliver Purnell basketball camps growing up so they were my favorite team during my junior high and high school years. I still keep an eye on them in Columbus as I follow OSU more closely. I was out with some old friends tonight but I kept checking the score throughout the night. I just kept going every time.

I think this should finally get them into the top 25 though. Great win for the program!

It's great seeing all of the little guys in Ohio knocking off some of the big dogs nationwide with Miami also taking down Illinois last week. Always gotta root for the Ohio smaller conference teams.

Went to the game last night...

UD Arena was rocking. Pitt was outplayed in every phase of the game. Roberts played like a top 5 guard in America. This UD team has the tools to make a sweet 16 run.

I'm a Xavier alum who cheers for UD in non-conference games. This was a big win for the A-10 as it proves how tough this conference really is. When you combine that with the other big wins (and near misses) I really think our conference should see at least three bids. The league games should be a lot of fun this year! I just hope the pollsters give UD, XU, and URI the respect they deserve when they all start beating up on each other.

On a side note, my other alma mater--Marshall--isn't a complete joke on the hardwood for the first time in years. Not exactly good, but we'll take not embarrassing from the boys in Huntington.

I am in my 4th year at UD, of course I cheer for my Flyers.

I like to see the Flyers do well. I like to see all Ohio teams do well, but I have a soft spot for the Flyers because my uncle is a huge fan. Good job, UD!
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I rank the Flyers right up there with the Reds, as far as my passion as a fan goes. I started feeling a couple of weeks ago that something really special was starting to materilize with this team, and last night's game just reinforced that feeling.

Flyer fans have been waiting a long time for a team like this. What makes it all even better is that I don't feel this will be a one-year thing. The quality of recruits that Gregory is bringing in leads me to believe that a good foundation is being built.

They came down to Freedom Hall and stomped my Cardinals' guts. They get big respect from me.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

UD fan here. Go Flyers!!!!
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

For a Level Playing Field

Have been a Flyer Faithful since my youth. HUGE win last night. I watched the game on ESPN2 and only switched to the Pats-Giants game during TV timeouts. I was shocked at how bad they beat PITT. I am sure most UD fans like myself were very leary with the 12 point halftime lead. UD has been there, done that before... only to see it slip away in the 2nd half. Looks like an appearance in the top-25 is happening.

A 10-2 Akron team comes to UD Arena Wednesday. I hope there is not a letdown after such a big win.

This year is starting to remind me of the Don Donoher years of the late 70's and 80's. Lets hope they can keep up their hot play through the conference schedule. Go UD!

For the first time i am starting to believe in Gregory's ability to coach the x and the o's. It's evident he can recruit really well, but i never could get behind the weave --it seemed to me that there was more energy to it than results. With Roberts getting good match-ups against bigger men and thus being able to break them down off the dribble....i can see how the weave was able to provide those match-ups.

I'm guessing that teams will begin to hedge a lot farther on the screen and roll and wouldn't be surprised if they just double teamed Roberts completely off it. I have faith Gregory can figure a way to take advantage of this.

It's also clear that the weave is working and i didn't know what i was talking about .

D!
    A!
    Y!
    Teeeeeeeeeeee...
    O!
    N!
    DAYTON!
    FLYERS!
    GO UD!

We share season tickets with a couple of friends and, unfortunately, we didn't have the seats for the Pitt game. We do have the Xavier tickets for later in the year...that should be a humdinger. There's even a decent chance for both teams to be ranked at the time. I wonder when the last time that happened was? 2004 maybe?

Just saw the the Flyers are #20 AP and #23 ESPN/USA Today.

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    Just saw the the Flyers are #20 AP and #23 ESPN/USA Today.

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings
    The A-10 has two teams ranked in the Top 25 and XU knocking on the door in the media poll. Who would have guessed? The only thing I don't like is that Dayton appeared to pull votes away from X in the coach's poll; we don't need that to happen. We need the coaches to respect all three of those teams. As much as it pains me to say it, though, the best two tams in the conference are UD and URI. Xavier has the most talent but seems to be missing that spark for some reason.

Dayton is a great team to watch this year. I can't wait for the XU-UD clashes; they should be the most exciting in years.

Turn Off Ads?