Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomo Ohka

Tomo Ohka

Why hasn't anyone signed him yet? Better yet why havent the Reds signed him? Any word on what he is in the market for?

CF - Chris Denorfia
    1B - Scott Hatteberg
    3B - Edwin Encarnacion
    LF - Adam Dunn
    RF - Ken Griffey Jr.
    2B - Brandon Phillips
    C - David Ross
    SS - Alex Gonzalez

Aaron Harang
    Bronson Arroyo
    Tomo Ohka
    Eric Milton
    Kyle Lohse
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose.

-Pete Rose

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tomo Ohka

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    Why hasn't anyone signed him yet?
    He isn't very good and will probably cost 5-6 million per year.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I wouldn't complain if the Reds signed Ohka cheap, simply because he's not total dreck, but I would much rather see them trade for a better young pitcher. Be creative; do some scouting and put together a package.

Quite honestly, scout the white sox, braves, and other teams in need of a lead-off hitter.

Package Freel, Stanton/Shack/Cormier and whoever up for some young pitching prospects. Find teams that need to fill a gap and work together, don't stopgap just cause you can.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Why hasn't anyone signed him yet? Better yet why havent the Reds signed him? Any word on what he is in the market for?

CF - Chris Denorfia
    1B - Scott Hatteberg
    3B - Edwin Encarnacion
    LF - Adam Dunn
    RF - Ken Griffey Jr.
    2B - Brandon Phillips
    C - David Ross
    SS - Alex Gonzalez

Aaron Harang
    Bronson Arroyo
    Tomo Ohka
    Eric Milton
    Kyle Lohse
    lineup = C -
    rotation = B

lineup after Jr. goes down with an injury = F
    rotation if someone gets injured = C, at best

The 2007 Reds are in for a world of hurt after the inevitable injuries occur. 90+ losses wouldn't be a surprise at all.

Happy Holidays!

Bah Hum Bug
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Why hasn't anyone signed him yet? Better yet why havent the Reds signed him?

He's not old enough.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    lineup = C -
    rotation = B

lineup after Jr. goes down with an injury = F
    rotation if someone gets injured = C, at best

The 2007 Reds are in for a world of hurt after the inevitable injuries occur. 90+ losses wouldn't be a surprise at all.

Happy Holidays!

Bah Hum Bug
    Griffey wasn't very good last year. Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Griffey wasn't very good last year. Just saying.
    You're right, he wasn't. But he is still Ken Griffey Jr. Even though he's walking around on stilts and his defense is putrid, the guy can still hit. He needs to be alot more patient this year so he swings at better pitches and takes more walks.

I'd be happy if he played 120 games. Sad, but true. If he playes 120+ games then our offense could barely survive. If he doesn't we're in deep trouble. The problem is, if and when he gets hurt, we have absolutely no one to replace him. No one.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

I would rather give Belisle, Ramirez, Livingston & Bailey a shot. Then to over- pay for what is left on the free agent market.

Does anyone know if Belisle got his back problems solved over the winter? I think he would be a great Starter if he didn't have his back problems.

Cincinnati might be the only market in the US that thinks Freel is an every day player let alone a bona fide lead off hitter...

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Give me Mark Mulder instead... Istill would like the Reds to sign either Craig Wilson or Eduardo Perez even though Conine was obtained.

[QUOTE=Redhook;1217246]the guy can still hit. He needs to be alot more patient this year so he swings at better pitches and takes more walks. QUOTE]

I really don't think Griffey can be counted on to be the big bat any longer.... To me, at his age and with his injury history, last season is pretty hard to write off as a fluke. he's aged into almost an exclusive pull hitter... shifting the defense pretty much neutralized him. Does anyone think Griffey can reinvent himself at this stage? After all he hasn't exactly embraced change as a Red (cough, corner poristion cough)....

Why not offer Mulder an incentive laden one year contract with an option for the next if he hits certain celings? A bad one year contract doesn't hurt as much as a bad multi year contract. Give mulder the opportunity to reach 8-10 mil with an option for the next year. If he doesn't have a good year he will cost this team a little but wont put them in a financial bind for the years to come (Milton).

Because Mulder will get a multi year contract similar to what Suppan got.
    Just watch.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Turn Off Ads?