Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bengals/Broncos: Bengals can clinch WC

Re: Bengals/Broncos: Bengals can clinch WC

Yeah, I don't understand the illegal shift penalty. Chad and the linemen aren't allowed to set themselves at the same time? How dumb of a rule is that. Whatever, this team didn't deserve to win anyways. I am so fed up with this team.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Can someone explain the illegal shift penalty to me please. I thought that was a rule in place to keep two players from going in motion at the same time. It looked like there a lineman was finishing going set and Chad moved his back foot, but not as a "going in motion" move.
    As I understand it you can't have 2 players on the line moving at the same time no matter what the movement is they can't both be getting set at the same time.

As I understand the playoff's, Miami HAS to beat the Jets tomorrow for the Bengals to get in. The Jets play the Raiders next Sunday and that is a automatic win. On another note, the Steelers would LOVE to eliminate the Bengals next Sunday, they have nothing else to play for.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

I fell asleep in the 2nd half watching the game. I get up this morning to see the article on the botched extra pt and just shake my head. What a game with alot of blunders on both sides.

I have to give credit to Mike Shanahan and his innovative play calling. The Bengal's defensive coordinator, IMO, wasn't prepared for it at all.

Miami has to beat the Jets huh? Well, I'm a Miami fan tonight guys. And since it's in Miami I think they just very well could win.

What is going on with the Colts? A loss to Houston?????

My AFC sleeper is still the Patriots.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    On another note, the Steelers would LOVE to eliminate the Bengals next Sunday, they have nothing else to play for.
    Oh yeah. Can't take their eyes off that game. It's like the OSU-Michigan game IMO. Throw out the stats/record, cause it will be a game with the Steelers playing with nothing to lose.

And as you say George - they'd be tickled pink to eliminate the Bengals.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

My sons receieved Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson jerseys for Christmas, but they are not authentic jerseys-they have yet to throw an interception or fumble this morning.
    I understand Palmer played with an injured throwing shoulder. I don't really blame Palmer or Johnson for the Bengals's shortcomings this season--they are both deserving of their pro bowl selections, and Palmer has shown courage in coming back this season. However, I was so disappointed by yesterday's game, and by many of the Bengals this season.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I'm still on board with Marvin, pedro, but one thing was clear throughout most of the year - this team was a horrible second half team. That points to coaching, IMO. Other teams are making adjustments at halftime and the bengals aren't. Bresnahan has to go. Here's what the Sports Guy said this week about him in his picks column: "Someone In The Know once told me, "Bet against Chuck Bresnahan (Cincy's defensive coordinator) against any good coach. He stinks. Smart coaches and smart QBs always have a field day against him."

Not that my opinion is based solely on this statement, but it's clear from watching this year that the Bengals defense is very poorly coached. That's an indictment on Marvin if you ask me. He needs to get someone else.
    I have a feeling that both Bresnahan and Bratkowski are gone after this season. Bresnahan will be shown the door, and Bratkowski will be in line for a job opening (probably Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I understand Palmer played with an injured throwing shoulder.
    I read the the other day that that assumption came from some blog site after someone witnessed Carson, in practice, acting like his shoulder was injured. It seems he was play acting (goofing off) with guys in practice, and he says his shoulder is fine.

Unless of course there is some new development that I haven't heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I'm still on board with Marvin, pedro, but one thing was clear throughout most of the year - this team was a horrible second half team. That points to coaching, IMO. Other teams are making adjustments at halftime and the bengals aren't. Bresnahan has to go. Here's what the Sports Guy said this week about him in his picks column: "Someone In The Know once told me, "Bet against Chuck Bresnahan (Cincy's defensive coordinator) against any good coach. He stinks. Smart coaches and smart QBs always have a field day against him."

Not that my opinion is based solely on this statement, but it's clear from watching this year that the Bengals defense is very poorly coached. That's an indictment on Marvin if you ask me. He needs to get someone else.
    I agree.
    School's out. What did you expect?

The hopes of a post-season for the Bengals is in the hands of Joey Harrington :thumbdown :thumbdown

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    The hopes of a post-season for the Bengals is in the hands of Joey Harrington :thumbdown :thumbdown
    Even worse the Bengals hopes now rest on Cleo Lemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Even worse the Bengals hopes now rest on Cleo Lemon.
    Don't you talk about my Cleo like that!

As of right now, he's the greatest human being on Earth!

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Don't you talk about my Cleo like that!

As of right now, he's the greatest human being on Earth!
    What's sad is that we have to watch this game. Like watching Purdue and Indiana play football. As I speak the Jets score a TD:thumbdown

I hope the Fins can go down and score. The Titans need a Dolphins win and a Bengals loss next week to get to the playoffs. The Titans, of course, would need to beat New England in Nashville next week as well. I'm not sure how the Chiefs figure in the picture.

Miami really needs to win, but with 7 1/2 to play, it isn't likely.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    I hope the Fins can go down and score. The Titans need a Dolphins win and a Bengals loss next week to get to the playoffs. The Titans, of course, would need to beat New England in Nashville next week as well. I'm not sure how the Chiefs figure in the picture.

Miami really needs to win, but with 7 1/2 to play, it isn't likely.
    No one here cares about the Titans.

Turn Off Ads?