Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets Beat Miami; Bengals All But Eliminated From Playoffs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jets Beat Miami; Bengals All But Eliminated From Playoffs

Sunday's Bengals-Steelers game will be for bragging rights only. The Jets have just won in Miami and have secured the final AFC playoff spot. Their win Sunday at home against the Raiders is a given. Congratulations to the Bengals, who frittered away what could have been a good season, but instead they'll be sitting at home for the playoffs for the third time in Marvin's four seasons. I don't know about the rest of you, but 8-8 is gettin' kinda old.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Re: Jets Beat Miami; Bengals Eliminated From Playoffs

It's the NFL. Any Given Sunday and all. So stop.

The Titans are done now as well, but it doesn't hurt as much when you don't expect it and Vince Young is the QB of the future. Sorry for you Bengal fans as well. They did it to themselves and I know that doesn't make it any easier. They will be back next year.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

bomarl1969

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    They will be back next year.
    In Paul Brown Stadium or in the Folsum State Pen?

You're telling me you're giving the Raiders a chance?
    Last edited by macro; 12-26-2006 at 12:10 AM.

Re: Jets Beat Miami; Bengals All But Eliminated From Playoffs

It is a misleading thread title, I think my small change is more appropriate

Let me ask you something Macro, if the Bengals were playing Oakland to get into the playoffs would you still consider it a gimme?

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    Let me ask you something Macro, if the Bengals were playing Oakland to get into the playoffs would you still consider it a gimme?
    At home in the 2006 season? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    At home in the 2006 season? Yes.

The Super Bowl Champions would disagree.

Point well taken. I changed it.

Now that I've had my little vent, what changes are needed for next year to get this franchise over the hump? I think a new defensive coordinator is something that most will agree on. Anything else needed?

Now that I've had my little vent, what changes are needed for next year to get this franchise over the hump? I think a new defensive coordinator is something that most will agree on. Anything else needed?
    Well, this would be two down in Marvin's tenure for what is supposed to be his specialty if that happens. I think the D is a talent problem first and a coaching problem second, but I'd say that both need significant changes. What it takes to fix both is probably the draft and free agency. I'd say you could argue that all of the LBers need replaced and two of the Dlineman. I'd let Justin Smith walk and find more playing time for Peko. Geathers is finally looking like a pass rushing end, but the rest need upgraded. Leave the offense alone, focus on the D and the offense won't be falling all over themselves to try to win the game, which is what I think the turnovers are coming from. Oh yea, and I'd trade Chris Henry.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Well, this would be two down in Marvin's tenure for what is supposed to be his specialty if that happens. I think the D is a talent problem first and a coaching problem second, but I'd say that both need significant changes. What it takes to fix both is probably the draft and free agency. I'd say you could argue that all of the LBers need replaced and two of the Dlineman. I'd let Justin Smith walk and find more playing time for Peko. Geathers is finally looking like a pass rushing end, but the rest need upgraded. Leave the offense alone, focus on the D and the offense won't be falling all over themselves to try to win the game, which is what I think the turnovers are coming from. Oh yea, and I'd trade Chris Henry.
    Losing your two starting linbackers really hurt this team, but our pass defense and the lack of ability to adjust (Colts game) is mind blowing. Marvin coached one of the best defenses in the modern era while in Baltimore. I can't understand why he does not take more of a hands on approach. I don't expect a Ravens defense, but to be in the basement or close to it is unexceptable knowing his defensive background.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I don't think getting rid of Henry leaves the offense alone. I'd keep him, but I'd assign a mommy to him 24/7.
    I'd add a tight end.

The linebacker situation has to change. Too bad the Bengals had such impact players at that position go down (or out as was the case with idiot Thurman). I think that really set the progam back by quite a bit. I agree about the line, but unfortunately, there is a lot needed and it's hard to revamp so much in one offseason. I'd be tempted to move Geathers to LB, then try to bring in a quality interior lineman for starters, but can they get as lucky in the draft as they did when they landed Pollack? They sorely need a hitter to replace him at LB.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Not so many stinking injuries.

Oh, and a new long snapper.

As a Dolphins fan, I'm sorry. Nothing upsets me more than losing to the Jets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?