Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets Beat Miami; Bengals All But Eliminated From Playoffs

Re: Jets Beat Miami; Bengals All But Eliminated From Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Well, this would be two down in Marvin's tenure for what is supposed to be his specialty if that happens. I think the D is a talent problem first and a coaching problem second, but I'd say that both need significant changes. What it takes to fix both is probably the draft and free agency. I'd say you could argue that all of the LBers need replaced and two of the Dlineman. I'd let Justin Smith walk and find more playing time for Peko. Geathers is finally looking like a pass rushing end, but the rest need upgraded. Leave the offense alone, focus on the D and the offense won't be falling all over themselves to try to win the game, which is what I think the turnovers are coming from. Oh yea, and I'd trade Chris Henry.
    Losing your two starting linbackers really hurt this team, but our pass defense and the lack of ability to adjust (Colts game) is mind blowing. Marvin coached one of the best defenses in the modern era while in Baltimore. I can't understand why he does not take more of a hands on approach. I don't expect a Ravens defense, but to be in the basement or close to it is unexceptable knowing his defensive background.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

2. Turn Off Ads?

I am really going to enjoy watching the Jets get blown out by whoever they play in the playoffs because that is a bad football team. They have no talent. Only reason they are in the playoffs is because of there joke of a schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanatic View Post
    I am really going to enjoy watching the Jets get blown out by whoever they play in the playoffs because that is a bad football team. They have no talent. Only reason they are in the playoffs is because of there joke of a schedule.
    I agree but it is what it is. It's not like College were you set your own schedule. They had no control over it. They were given a chance on a silver platter by the Bengals to make the playoffs and they took advantage of it.

Did anyone watching the game tonight do any comparisons between the Bengals and the Jets? The Jets, while having half of the talent as the Bengals, seemed disciplined, poised, well coached and didn't beat themselves. While the Bengals, in just about the same situation as the Jets were in tonight, were sloppy, frantic, undisciplined, and beat themselves in every possible way on Christmas Eve. I really don't know outside of the Chargers if there is any other AFC team more talented than the Bengals but it seems like their mental game is dead last.

By the way, Chip, tell your friggin corner to catch the dog gone ball when it hits him in the hands...

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    The Jets, while having half of the talent as the Bengals, seemed disciplined, poised, well coached and didn't beat themselves. While the Bengals, in just about the same situation as the Jets were in tonight, were sloppy, frantic, undisciplined, and beat themselves in every possible way on Christmas Eve.

Discipline OFF and on the field. Kids that are undisciplined away from home are undisciplined at home as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanatic View Post
    The Jets beat the Pats in NE this year. Anything is possible. Anyone who thinks otherwise has never watched the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    The Jets beat the Pats in NE this year. Anything is possible. Anyone who thinks otherwise has never watched the NFL.
    It's also possible that the Devil Rays will win the AL East next year. Anyone who thinks otherwise has never watched rugby.

I had read that if the Bengals win and Buffalo & Jacksonville lose then teh Bengals will get in.

http://football.about.com/od/nationa...ffscenario.htm
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I had read that if the Bengals win and Buffalo & Jacksonville lose then teh Bengals will get in.

If the Bengals had won, then yes, that would have been the case. But they lost, so that scenario is null and void.

As it stands now, the best the Bengals can do is 9-7. The Broncos host SF and the Jets host Oakland, so both have an excellent chance of going 10-6.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

That was on Saturday, prio to Sunday's games. Had the Bengals won, because Buffalo and Jax lost, they would have clinched a playoff spot. The only hope for the Bengals is for the Jets to lose at home to Oakland this Sunday. Anything's possible, because Oakland has a hell of a defense.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Discipline OFF and on the field. Kids that are undisciplined away from home are undisciplined at home as well.
    Totally agree with you. I mean let's all be honest here even IF the Bengals do make it into the playoffs by some random miracle, who would they play the Colts, the Patriots? They would just embarass themselves like they did against them in the regular season. I'm a big Bengals fan, always have been, even in the Dave Shula era, but they still leave alot to be desired. They have never won a big game on a grand stage. They backed into the playoffs last year. They lost to every single AFC division winner this year. Carson and Chad seem to choke when they have big media coverage. Plus, the defense is just as embarssing as it ever has been.

But, on the positive side, Carson, Pro Bowl year aside, concentrated on physical therapy more then perfecting his throws and his mobility. Give him the offseason to do the opposite and I think we will see an even bigger season from him next year. I think the end of this season has been humbling for Chad and he too will step up his game. Yardage is great, but big catches in big games are even better. Plus, Marvin will and hopefully FINALLY fix the defense, be it a big linebacker signing or simply hiring a new coordinator who can make some adjustments. Who would have thought that the first two draft picks from last year might not ever play a game in a Bengals uniform again? In any sense, I think wading through the 'Bungle" era has granted me enough patience to wait just one more year.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    That was on Saturday, prio to Sunday's games. Had the Bengals won, because Buffalo and Jax lost, they would have clinched a playoff spot. The only hope for the Bengals is for the Jets to lose at home to Oakland this Sunday. Anything's possible, because Oakland has a hell of a defense.
    You know, it's not as outlandish for Oakland to beat NY as some think.

Just look at the Raiders stats the last two weeks. They dominated St. Louis from the line of scrimmage, and they beat KC from the line of scrimmage. The reason they lost is because in both games they turned the ball over 5 times.

If they can somehow win the turnover battle against NY, they can win that game.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    here's the new scenario

Cincinnati clinches a playoff berth with:
    1) a win + a NY Jets loss, OR
    2) a Cincinnati win + a Denver loss + Kansas City win.
    School's out. What did you expect?

here's the new scenario

Cincinnati clinches a playoff berth with:
    1) a win + a NY Jets loss, OR
    2) a Cincinnati win + a Denver loss + Kansas City win.
    I don't understand the second scenario. I thought since the Bengals lost head to head with the Broncos, they would lose the tiebreaker?

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    I don't understand the second scenario. I thought since the Bengals lost head to head with the Broncos, they would lose the tiebreaker?
    If that scenario played out, KC would move ahead of Denver, but not ahead of Cincinnati. So the Bengals-Broncos matchups would be void because of Denver being behind KC.

Hope that makes sense. It's late.

Turn Off Ads?