Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prayer request

La Dolce Vita

Re: Prayer request

Of course, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, R. (hugs)
    teach tolerance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Your family is in our prayers, Randy.

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers, RB. Stay strong.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

Prayers will be spoken for your families, and God will be there with you all. He never deserts us!

---RedRoser

Future Reds All Star

Prayers said! So sorry to hear this!

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    My sister and her husband just left our home. She has been diagnosed with a precancerous growth and will need a lumpectomy and radiation treatment. This was caught early and she has a good prognosis, but this is still a shock. She's my only sibling, three years youner than me. Please keep her, her husband and two daughters, and my mother in your prayers (my mom is a born worrier anyway).
    Your family is in my thoughts and prayers RB.

This cancer is a nasty, nasty thing. My sister was diagnosed with breast cancer initially 6 years ago (stage 4). She had a really good medical team, although she was given a 10% chance of living 5 years. After 5 healthy years, she had a recurrence...this time in the lungs and lesions on the bones. At her first consultation, I was just shocked at the advancements in medicine and treatment in the last six years. If not for those advancements, she would have had very little hope. Thanks to a new chemo treatment, she is healthy again, and the future looks good.

Having a solid support group make a huge difference, it looks like she's in good hands.

Keep us posted.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

part of BBN

keep holdin on !!.....prayer works.

You and your family are in my thoughts, RB.
    Makes all the routine posts.

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Hi RB,

Anything new to report on this situation?

Just wondering how things are going.

Can't believe I missed this the first time. How is she doing, RB?

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    Can't believe I missed this the first time. How is she doing, RB?
    Pushing this back up to the top. How is your sister doing Randy?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

My sister starts radiation treatment soon, Monday through Friday, after she gets off work each day. She had hoped to be part of a study group for some sort of new treatment, but wasn't selected. She is doing fine, as far as we know--her attitude has been terrific, amazing really.
    I really appreciate everyone asking about her, and keeping her in their prayers.
    Cancer has been a real topic of discussion around here lately. A very good friend of mine, named Rick, who is about 57 years old, has twice battled cancer and was in remission, after undergoing stem cell treatment. Last week he contracted pneumonia; his temperature has spiked at 105 degrees, and he has been rushed from Florida, where he and his wife were spending the winter, to Houston, wheree he had been treated earlier.
    Meanwhile, a high school classmate of my wife is battling cancer, and the news hasn't been good. Last year my wife lost another classmate to cancer.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?