Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: ipod gift cards

  1. #1
    Oy Vey! Red in Chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    3,426

    ipod gift cards

    Now that Christmas is over, I'm sure many of you may have brand new iPods to fill up. For those with a Costco membership, you may want to check this out. They are advertising $50 iTunes gift cards for only $44.99. Just thought some might find this helpful

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    13,438

    Re: ipod gift cards

    I could tell that iPods were a popular gift this year. We got a new one at my house and the iTunes Music store was not accepting connections when I tried to register it on the morning of 12/25.
    /r/reds

  4. #3
    The wino and I know bucksfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    NW OHIO
    Posts
    3,039

    Re: ipod gift cards

    We have non-ipdo digital music players but receieved some cards for itunes. Will there be any problems redeeming these? I don't want to load up any software or anything just to get music as right now we have basic drag and drop interfaces with our players.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

  5. #4
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,517

    Re: ipod gift cards

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post
    We have non-ipdo digital music players but receieved some cards for itunes. Will there be any problems redeeming these? I don't want to load up any software or anything just to get music as right now we have basic drag and drop interfaces with our players.
    As far as I know the downloads you make on Itunes you can only use with Ipods. Apple uses their own standards and songs downloaded from Itunes won't work with other players.

  6. #5
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,304

    Re: ipod gift cards

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    As far as I know the downloads you make on Itunes you can only use with Ipods. Apple uses their own standards and songs downloaded from Itunes won't work with other players.
    I don't think that is true. I have the Zune 30gb player and have downloaded stuff from Itunes and put it on my Zune, it works just fine.

  7. #6
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    11,987

    Re: ipod gift cards

    With iTunes costing $.99 and gift cards coming on the even dollar, I wonder how much Apple makes on all those pennies left on gift cards.

    Pay attention to the open sky

  8. #7
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,621

    Re: ipod gift cards

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    With iTunes costing $.99 and gift cards coming on the even dollar, I wonder how much Apple makes on all those pennies left on gift cards.
    AFAIK, you get $50 in credit to the iTunes store, which means if you buy 50 songs, your "account" will still have $.50 remaining (for example, my account is still in credit b/c I keep getting gift cards for birthdays and christmas each year, and I've got $20.86 remaining). Apple never rounds up to take the penny from you.

    So, basically, once you've received and spent $99 in gift card dollars, your pennies finally add up to an additional song.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  9. #8
    The wino and I know bucksfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    NW OHIO
    Posts
    3,039

    Re: ipod gift cards

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B View Post
    I don't think that is true. I have the Zune 30gb player and have downloaded stuff from Itunes and put it on my Zune, it works just fine.
    Did you have to download the itunes software (or any software) to downlioad from the itunes site? What format were the songs in? We have 2 flashplayers, a MobiBlu cube (mine) and my wife's SanDisk Sansa.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

  10. #9
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,304

    Re: ipod gift cards

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post
    Did you have to download the itunes software (or any software) to downlioad from the itunes site? What format were the songs in? We have 2 flashplayers, a MobiBlu cube (mine) and my wife's SanDisk Sansa.
    Yeah I downloaded the software from itunes.com. I am not sure what format they were in when I downloaded them, it's been awhile since I've used itunes. I may have changed the format. I put the songs I had from itunes on cds before I had my zune, and then when I went to put them on the zune I just copied them from the cds just like all of my other cds. I know that right now the songs are in wma. I guess I've never taken something straight from itunes to the zune, they've gone from itunes to cd to zune. I don't think it would be a problem though, atleast I hope not, as I plan on using itunes again, but I could convert them if need be.

  11. #10
    The wino and I know bucksfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    NW OHIO
    Posts
    3,039

    Re: ipod gift cards

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B View Post
    Yeah I downloaded the software from itunes.com. I am not sure what format they were in when I downloaded them, it's been awhile since I've used itunes. I may have changed the format. I put the songs I had from itunes on cds before I had my zune, and then when I went to put them on the zune I just copied them from the cds just like all of my other cds. I know that right now the songs are in wma. I guess I've never taken something straight from itunes to the zune, they've gone from itunes to cd to zune. I don't think it would be a problem though, atleast I hope not, as I plan on using itunes again, but I could convert them if need be.
    Thanks. It sounds as though it should work. I'll check it out.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25