Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the Reds' #2 prospect?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Bruce

91 86.67%
  • Johnny Cueto

1 0.95%
  • Drew Stubbs

1 0.95%
  • Joey Votto

11 10.48%
  • Travis Wood

1 0.95%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Is RedsZone's #2 Prospect?

Who Is RedsZone's #2 Prospect?

Okay, the first poll will be open for another day, but it's screamingly obvious that Bailey is going to be voted the #1 prospect. So let's move on to #2.

And I think I'll only keep the voting open for two days on these first few; later, when the choices get more complex, I may go back to three.
    Last edited by chicoruiz; 12-27-2006 at 09:41 PM.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who Is RedsZone's #2 Prospect?

I think once a poll reaches a minimum vote count, it should be closed down....

say 75 votes?

I'd say that if a player has 80% of the votes, with a minimum of 50 total votes submitted, that player should be declared the winner.

As for Red's prospect #2, I'm going with Jay Bruce. I guess Joey Votto could be argued because he's closer to the majors, but Joey had a pretty average season the year before last. Jay has been outstanding since the draft. That gives him the edge in my book.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Landslide for the first 2. Then it will be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    I'd say that if a player has 80% of the votes, with a minimum of 50 total votes submitted, that player should be declared the winner.

As for Red's prospect #2, I'm going with Jay Bruce. I guess Joey Votto could be argued because he's closer to the majors, but Joey had a pretty average season the year before last. Jay has been outstanding since the draft. That gives him the edge in my book.
    I give Joey a pass on 2005. He really seemed to dislike taking the first pitch, because as he said, good luck getting guys like Justin Verlander to throw you a good pitch to hit after he gets ahead of you because he knows you cant swing. His 2004 was pretty good, 19 HR and hit .302 with an OPS over .900. That said, I went with Jay Bruce as well.

Nice idea here with the polls. It looks like chico has them set to close within two or three days so there shouldn't be much of a wait to declare a winner in each poll.

Like most people, I went with Homer Bailey #1 and Jay Bruce #2.

I expect #3 to be a landslide also, though maybe not nearly as much of a landslide as the first two. It will probably start getting interesting right around #4.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

I voted for Jay Bruce at number 2.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I give Joey a pass on 2005. He really seemed to dislike taking the first pitch, because as he said, good luck getting guys like Justin Verlander to throw you a good pitch to hit after he gets ahead of you because he knows you cant swing. His 2004 was pretty good, 19 HR and hit .302 with an OPS over .900. That said, I went with Jay Bruce as well.
    You're right about Votto. I go with him at #2 because he's closer to the majors.

Man Pills

Jay Bruce is the only one of the bunch who'll have a long and prosperous MLB career.

While all five are studs and will have long, prosperous major league careers, Jay Bruce is my choice as the Reds second best prospect.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Good to see Drew Stubbs getting some severely undeserved love by somebody. This top 10 thing was a great idea. Once again, I'm thinking Jay Bruce might walk away with this one.

I'm not sure how long to keep these things open. I want to make sure everyone has a chance to vote, but if this one ends up being the runaway it seems to be developing into, I may go ahead and post #3 tomorrow evening. The sooner we get past these first few picks the sooner the real fun will start.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

I'd say Votto just edges out Bruce because he put up higher OPS numbers two levels higher.

Bruce's superior defense at a premium position makes it mighty close. But he's still several years away from the show.

I may go ahead and post #3 tomorrow evening.
    I'd definitely start one tomorrow. This will get fun once we get past the first couple obvious ones. How about going to 20 or even more? You could probably do 40 with two days per spot and be done before the season started. That'd be a pretty cool list. This hasn't been the most exciting offseason, so at least we'll have something to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    I'd definitely start one tomorrow. This will get fun once we get past the first couple obvious ones. How about going to 20 or even more? You could probably do 40 with two days per spot and be done before the season started. That'd be a pretty cool list. This hasn't been the most exciting offseason, so at least we'll have something to talk about.
    I have a feeling knowledge of prospects and the associated voting will drop off right around 10, not to mention the talent level. While I could understand 15 or even 20 to upgrade some of the general knowledge and worth of lesser knowns, I think 40 would be a huge push.

Oh, and I voted Votto. While there seems to be a heck of a lot of confidence in Bruce, he needs to preform at a higher level for me to buy the hype. Looking at the preliminary results, it seems things will get interesting past

1. Homer Bailey
    2. Jay Bruce
    3. Joey Votto
    Last edited by DoogMinAmo; 12-28-2006 at 01:49 AM.
    "I'm a Cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. Please don't send me to the pickle farm, bum." - Brak

Record In Games Attended, 2007: 2-1 (1-0 GAB, 1-1 Jake)

Turn Off Ads?