Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The 2007 Reds

The 2007 Reds

Let's face it with the way the market has gone the Reds just can't afford any remaining free agents. Also so many other teams are holding onto players because they can't afford to sign players either. So I anounce to you our 2007 Reds.

C David Ross/Valentin/Moeller
    1B Scott Hatteberg/Conine
    2B Brandon Phillips
    SS Alex Gonzalez/Olmedo
    3B Edwin Encarnacion/Castro
    LF Adam Dunn
    CF Ken Griffey Jr./Freel
    RF Ryan Freel/Hopper/Crosby/Hamilton

SP Aaron Harang
    SP Bronson Arroyo
    SP Eric Milton
    SP Kyle Lohse
    SP Homer Bailey/Rameriz

RP Rheal Cormier
    RP Bill Bray
    RP Mike Stanton
    RP Brian Shackelford
    RP David Weathers
    RP Todd Coffey
    RP Gary Majewski

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The 2007 Reds

17 position guys and 13 pitchers? That looks like a 30 man roster to me and it's missing Deno. Based on who we've got, I'm guessing:

C David Ross
    1B Scott Hatteberg
    2B Brandon Phillips
    SS Alex Gonzalez
    3B Edwin Encarnacion
    LF Adam Dunn
    CF Ken Griffey Jr.
    RF Ryan Freel
    Bench: Castro, Conine, Valentin, Deno, Hamilton

Key AAA options: Moeller, Olmedo, Hopper, Crosby, Votto, Gil

SP Aaron Harang
    SP Bronson Arroyo
    SP Eric Milton
    SP Kyle Lohse
    SP Elizardo Ramirez

RP Rheal Cormier
    RP Bill Bray
    RP Mike Stanton
    RP Jared Burton (rule 5)
    RP David Weathers
    RP Gary Majewski
    CL Todd Coffey

Key AAA options: Shackleford, Bailey, Shafer, Salmon (maybe Kelly or Shearn but not on 40 man)

I'd actually guessing that Burton won't make the roster and will go back to the A's (and Salmon will take his spot), but at least for now, I'll put him there.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    17 position guys and 13 pitchers? That looks like a 30 man roster to me and it's missing Deno. Based on who we've got, I'm guessing:

C David Ross
    1B Scott Hatteberg
    2B Brandon Phillips
    SS Alex Gonzalez
    3B Edwin Encarnacion
    LF Adam Dunn
    CF Ken Griffey Jr.
    RF Ryan Freel

SP Aaron Harang
    SP Bronson Arroyo
    SP Eric Milton
    SP Kyle Lohse
    SP Elizardo Ramirez

RP Rheal Cormier
    RP Bill Bray
    RP Mike Stanton
    RP Jared Burton (rule 5)
    RP David Weathers
    RP Gary Majewski
    CL Todd Coffey

Key AAA options: Shackleford, Bailey, Shafer, Salmon (maybe Kelly or Shearn but not on 40 man)

I'd actually guessing that Burton won't make the roster and will go back to the A's (and Salmon will take his spot), but at least for now, I'll put him there.
    Pretty close. What about Belisle?

My version ( slightly different )

C David Ross/Valentin
    1B Scott Hatteberg/Conine ( Votto likely starts in AAA )
    2B Brandon Phillips
    SS Alex Gonzalez
    3B Edwin Encarnacion
    LF Adam Dunn
    CF Chris Denorfia
    RF Ken Griffey Jr./Freel

Util IF: Castro
    Bench/AAA: Moeller/Hopper/Crosby/Hamilton/Olmedo

SP Aaron Harang
    SP Bronson Arroyo
    SP Kyle Lohse
    SP Eric Milton
    SP Ramirez or Belisle ( Homer Bailey definitely starts in AAA )

RP Rheal Cormier
    RP Bill Bray
    RP Mike Stanton
    RP David Weathers
    RP Todd Coffey
    RP Gary Majewski
    RP Belisle or ?

When you look at that squad in all its glory, it's even less impressive. Yuck. :stratton: :obrien:
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

They're already selling the 2007 Reds season video.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post

C David Ross
    1B Scott Hatteberg
    2B Brandon Phillips
    SS Alex Gonzalez
    3B Edwin Encarnacion
    LF Adam Dunn
    CF Ken Griffey Jr.
    RF Ryan Freel

SP Aaron Harang
    SP Bronson Arroyo
    SP Eric Milton
    SP Kyle Lohse
    SP Elizardo Ramirez

RP Rheal Cormier
    RP Bill Bray
    RP Mike Stanton
    RP Jared Burton (rule 5)
    RP David Weathers
    RP Gary Majewski
    CL Todd Coffey

I think you have hit the nail on the head....maybe put Belisle in for Burton. Im not as doom and gloom as most people on here when i look at the roster. Would like to see another Starter in there and another Reliever. Dont care really about the offense. It will be league avg. or a little below. But a good offense has got us nowhere in the past few years. If Dunn is half as good as what some people make him out to be then he should be able carry the whole team's offense. But thats already been beat to death.

If this team is out of it at the deadline then trade Dunn, Arroyo, Harang (if he wont agree to a long term deal), Hatteberg, and any reliever not named Bray. Im talking they should go Florida Marlins on this roster.

But in all honesty I believe they will be a lot better than expected cause I believe people are going to be shocked at how much the offense produces....im not talking league leading offense but an above avg. offense.

For those of you who think HB's starting the season in Cincy or that KGJ is going start the season somewhere other than CF (and 3 or 4 hole), you're crazy. HB isn't ready for the bigs yet. Give him at least a few months, if not a season, in Louisville. As for Griff, I'd love to see him in RF and batting fifth or sixth, but it's just not going to happen...
    Here's to another record-breaking season from Adam Dunn ...another 40 homeruns (all coming with nothing on the line) and 200 Ks! We Want King Jay!!

That roster is a Pittsburgh Pirates fans' wet dream: finally a team that they have a chance to finish ahead of.

Rem

What about that Livingston kid we picked up from Seatle. Or is he on a minor league contract? I can't remember.

Here's the answer to my question about Bobby Livingston. He's on the 40 man roster.

"He's close to the Major Leagues," Reds general manager Wayne Krivsky said. "He got a taste of it. We like his athletic ability and durability. He's a strike thrower and competes well. We think he's on the cusp on being in a Major League rotation. He'll be competition with our other starters."
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=cin
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 12-29-2006 at 09:09 AM.

Oops -- I did forget Belisle. Unfortunately, that even further underscores the ridiculousness of signing Stanton for two years. WK should realize we don't need more arms, we need better ones.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Here's the answer to my question about Bobby Livingston.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=cin
    70 wins is a pipe dream at this point.

There is no reason why this guy should legitimately be in competition for a rotation spot. He's only 24. Narron would be giving this guy the hook by the 3rd inning for Stanton and Cormier.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    70 wins is a pipe dream at this point.

There is no reason why this guy should legitimately be in competition for a rotation spot. He's only 24. Narron would be giving this guy the hook by the 3rd inning for Stanton and Cormier.
    The Lizzard is only 24. Should he also not be in competition for a starting spot? I thought being too old was a bad thing. Now the complaint is too young? I'm confused.

That he has zero (or slightly more than zero) major league experince is better reason, to me, that his chance of making the rotation out of ST is slim. However, if he spends some time in AAA he might be a low risk/decent reward sort of guy to have around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    The Lizzard is only 24. Should he also not be in competition for a starting spot? I thought being too old was a bad thing. Now the complaint is too young? I'm confused.

That he has zero (or slightly more than zero) major league experince is better reason, to me, that his chance of making the rotation out of ST is slim. However, if he spends some time in AAA he might be a low risk/decent reward sort of guy to have around.
    It was just a little sarcasm for the way Narron treats youngsters.

Personally, I think EZ should be given a shot.

Turn Off Ads?