Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Brian Lawrence - Worth a look?

Brian Lawrence - Worth a look?

The Nationals released him and he's got decent success as a ground ball pitcher.

G/F Stats for 2001 through 2005:

2001: 2.42
    2002: 2.51
    2003: 1.61
    2004: 1.81
    2005: 1.46

Coming in off an injury, we may be able to pull him in for $1-2 Mil for a year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brian Lawrence - Worth a look?

At GABP, anyone who can get a groundball is at least worth a look. What kind of surgery was it?
    Here's to another record-breaking season from Adam Dunn ...another 40 homeruns (all coming with nothing on the line) and 200 Ks! We Want King Jay!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The Nationals released him and he's got decent success as a ground ball pitcher.

G/F Stats for 2001 through 2005:

2001: 2.42
    2002: 2.51
    2003: 1.61
    2004: 1.81
    2005: 1.46

Coming in off an injury, we may be able to pull him in for $1-2 Mil for a year.
    With a career ERA+ of 96 before the injury pitching in San Diego, pass.

Considering the likely fact that Milton & Lohse are the Reds #3 & 4 starters, and looking at who else is available, Lawrence might be a decent pick up on a one year deal if he is actually healthy.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Considering the likely fact that Milton & Lohse are the Reds #3 & 4 starters, and looking at who else is available, Lawrence might be a decent pick up on a one year deal if he is actually healthy.
    Tears in his rotator cuff and labrum. Not sure anyone has ever come back from that.

Yes Worth A Look. I Said That A Couple Months Ago.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Tears in his rotator cuff and labrum. Not sure anyone has ever come back from that.
    There have been a FEW but none, to my recollection, have ever been the same.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Plus, he wasn't that good before the surgeries. I wouldn't pin too much hope on the guy. If I'm looking at this kind of fix, I'd rather focus on Paul Wilson.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

I think Joey Lawrence might be a better option....WHOA.....

But, hey, it's worth a flyer....(Brian, not Joey)
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?