Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guess what I just got for Christmas?

Guess what I just got for Christmas?

Reds 75 WS Box Set! Woo Hoo. We just got together at moms and I was shocked as I know this set is quite costly. Has anyone seen it?
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Guess what I just got for Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1 View Post
    Reds 75 WS Box Set! Woo Hoo. We just got together at moms and I was shocked as I know this set is quite costly. Has anyone seen it?
    I asked for it, but didn't get it. I plan to pick it up in the next few days. Let me know how you like it.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Haunted by walks

My sister got that for me too.

I was 4 at the time so it's safe to say I don't remember this. I don't think I've seen any of the games - just the highlights. There's some pregame footage and interviews with the big Red stars so that will be cool.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Is there a 1990 WS Box set? I would love one of those. I wasn't alive for the Big Red Machine, so it might be nice to actually "live" those moments - the greatest moments in Reds' history. Perhaps I could pop those dvds in from time to time during the upcoming season to ease what will no doubt be a lot of painful nights.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

I hadn't seen one. I was in college and that was a great series, but only 4 dvds in that one. SWEEP baby!
    Anyone let me know if they can't find the 75 DVD set.

I got it too, the White Balance on the games at Riverfront (the only one I've seen so far) is a bit washed out. However I'm psyched to watch them again after all these years.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

got it as well - thanks santa - watched game one thus far and am enjoying it. Memories of the old game of the week with Tony Kubek...

Cute side story...watching game 1 with my son (10), I am pointing out different players, Hall of famers, explaining Pete Rose, etc and Ken Griffey comes to bat...he remarks..."He's STILL playing??" Made me chuckle.

If they release sets from 76 and 90, I will be buying those as well.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I got it for my birthday in late November. My wife sent away for it from the States, as we live in Calgary.

All dyslexics must untie!

I ordered it at Buy.com, using that $20 google discount. $31 with shipping, should arrive next week

(props to whoever posted that link, last month)
    Never overlook the obvious

I got it too, and I have a question...

At the end of game five in Cincinnati, the fans started a little chant around the seventh or eighth inning. It went something like "Blah...Blah...National League!"

I can't figure it out, and it's been driving me crazy for three days.

I also notice that the fans weren't standing with two outs like they do today, and have done since I was a kid.

When did that tradition start?

Johnny Bench's wife was extremely hot, too.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    My sister got that for me too.
    My sister got it for me as well.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Can't wait to see Johnny's smokin hot wife (from Ricky Bobby). Seems they aren't still together, but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1 View Post
    Can't wait to see Johnny's smokin hot wife (from Ricky Bobby). Seems they aren't still together, but I'm not sure.
    In game five, she was wearing a tight red shirt with the words Johnny Bench emblazoned on the chest in sparkely lettering.

Timeless pulcheritude, I tell ya.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

I got it. I love how it's teeming with extras. I really hope they do similar sets for 76 and 90.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Turn Off Ads?