Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Great Story from the Winter Meetings

I'm toolsy.

Great Story from the Winter Meetings

I met a friend for a beer last night and was told one of the best stories ever!! This friend is about 6'8" and was a pitcher for Murray State. He now works for the Sarasota Reds and was at the winter meetings where this story takes place.

Friend: "I was really hung over one morning and the breakfast counter at the hotel was alerady closed so I went to a little buffet next door. I was standing in line and the guy in front of me turns around and says 'Hey big guy. Have you eaten here before?' I responded with no and he said 'I highly recommend the garlic mashed potatoes. By the way, are you here for the winter meetings?' I say yes and he proceeds to ask me if I'm a ball player. I say no, I never had the stuff that you did. He says 'Not many people did . . . '

So the small talk ends when he gets through the line. I immediately get some garlic mashed potatoes. They weren't that great, but when Nolan Ryan tells you to get the mashed potatoes, YOU GET THE MASHED POTATOES!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Re: Great Story from the Winter Meetings

I wish someone would write a book called "Tales from the Winter Meetings". GREAT Stuff!
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

TC...I think you just found your first book!
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post
    TC...I think you just found your first book!

That will have to be my second book. I recently spoke with a writer from NY who wants to work on a Baseball book with me. Probably never happen, but you never know.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Turn Off Ads?