Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Indiana Jones 4' screenplay finalized! Finally!

'Indiana Jones 4' screenplay finalized! Finally!

http://www.spielbergfilms.com/indy4/1195

December 29, 2006

Talk about great news to jet us into the New Year and Steven Spielberg's return to the director's chair. George Lucas confirmed today that the screenplay for "Indiana Jones 4" has finally -- finally been approved by all parties, and that filming will commence in 2007 for a May 2008 release. Spielberg wasn't messing around when he told us that David Koepp was his "closer" on the project, since Mr. Koepp obviously nailed it.

"It's going to be fantastic. It's going to be the best one yet," Lucas told the Associated Press. Lucas wouldn't talk details, of course, but he did call the film a "character piece" that will include "very interesting mysteries."

One detail that Lucas did spill about the production is that part of the film will be shot in Los Angeles. There's no indication if that means location work, or that the production will be the first "Indy" film to make (extensive) use of local facilities.

So there it is, folks. The decade plus long hurdle of the screenplay has been crossed, and Steven Spielberg will make his return to behind the cameras this year with the first new Indiana Jones movie since 1989.

Stick with SpielbergFilms.com throughout 2007 for all the Indiana Jones adventure you can handle!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 'Indiana Jones 4' screenplay finalized! Finally!

Can't wait to see Harrison Ford (opps, I meant Indy Jones) and his vintage walker. :

Seriously, I loved the Indiana Jones series; moreso than the Starwars franchise. I just hope that they pick someone to play 'Indy' that meets the Harrison Ford expectations. (Not to say they won't use Harrison for the lead but they'd have to move the time setting up about 20 years. )

Rem

George Lucas is involved. Maybe Indiana Jones will be a CGI character.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I hear he's going to fight Rocky.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    George Lucas is involved. Maybe Indiana Jones will be a CGI character.
    Indiana Jar Jar?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Indiana Jar Jar?
    I didn't say it was a good idea. :

So, if it they take this chronologically, it will be 20 years later. Does that mean instead of fighting Nazis, Indy will be going after beatniks?

I am a huge Indy fan and have followed the progress of the fourth installment pretty closely. Honestly, the fact that Lucas was so heavily involved in the script really scares me. He turned down the first one that Spielberg and Ford thought was excellent. There are 12 year olds that write better dialogue than Lucas.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingRed View Post
    I am a huge Indy fan and have followed the progress of the fourth installment pretty closely. Honestly, the fact that Lucas was so heavily involved in the script really scares me. He turned down the first one that Spielberg and Ford thought was excellent. There are 12 year olds that write better dialogue than Lucas.
    If Lucas had his way, he would edit the original "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and "fix" the scene is which that swordsman challenges Indy and Indy simply pulls out his gun and shoots him. He'd probably digitally replace the sword with a pistol and have the swordsman shoot first, a la Greedo.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    If Lucas had his way, he would edit the original "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and "fix" the scene is which that swordsman challenges Indy and Indy simply pulls out his gun and shoots him. He'd probably digitally replace the sword with a pistol and have the swordsman shoot first, a la Greedo.
    either that, or replace Indy's gun with a walky-talky.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Good stuff. Honestly, I can only watch Empire Strikes Back of the Star Wars films these days. It's not a coincidence that the best of the Star Wars films is the one Lucas neither directed nor wrote.

Word is that the plot will not involve Nazis, of course, and that Indy's age will be taken into account. My guess is there will be a lot of humor about it. Connery has shown interest in appearing though nothing has been publicly offered to him. There have also been rumors of Marion and Willie making a joint appearance. I seriously doubt we'll see Short Round though.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingRed View Post
    I seriously doubt we'll see Short Round though.
    Why not? He could bring the "Pinchers of Power!"

I think George Lucas is just getting too wrapped up in the wonderful new technology he is able to use in his movies. He's like someone who just got Photoshop and feels the need to all the cool new "effects" at his disposal. Just because you can use CGI to make a cool new scene to add to your film doesn't mean that you should.

I wonder what the plot is going to be. Anyone have any ideas?
    Let's make some noise!

I'm thinking the early 60's. Maybe some run-ins with the Mob, Cuba, Kennedy(s), Moscow. Or maybe Brazil/Argentina where a lot of the Nazi's fled too?

Wasn't there talk at one point in time that it was going to have something to do with either Atlantis or Noah's Ark?

Turn Off Ads?