Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Organizational Pitching Depth

Re: Organizational Pitching Depth

That is interesting. He pitched in 2 games last year, and after each game he had said it wasnt a move he was willing to make at the time....

2. Turn Off Ads?

I know that Rick Asadoorian has been moved from the field to the bullpen. I believe it is rumored that he will start in either A+ or AA

glad to hear this -- supposedly he's got a very live fastball, but not sure what else
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

I don't know why I notice this stuff, but I do. Here are a few spelling corrections:

David Shafer
    Carlos Guevara
    Robert Manuel
    Damian Ursin
    Derrik Lutz

Also, in case you're wondering how all these players were acquired, here you go:

trade = 13
    rule V = 1
    free agent = 3
    waivers = 2
    minor league free agent = 4
    non-drafted free agent = 6
    minor league rule V = 2
    '98 draft = 1
    '99 draft = 1
    '00 draft = 0
    '01 draft = 2
    '02 draft = 4
    '03 draft = 5
    '04 draft = 4
    '05 draft = 7
    '06 draft = 10
    Last edited by camisadelgolf; 01-08-2007 at 02:12 AM. Reason: included Jose Rojas

Not to get too picky, but I can't see Valiquette at High A ball next year. Guy had just terrible numbers at Dayton. Would think Dan Guerrero or Rafael Gonzalez would be more likely to go to Sarasota.

Also, looking at the list of spring invitees, Reds have Michael Gosling, Victor Santos and lefty Jason Kershner, apparently signed for AAA or below.
    Last edited by Kc61; 01-08-2007 at 02:37 PM.

I definitely called the Asadoorian thing last year. Considering he can throw mid 90's and never once showed the slightest ability to swing the bat, this move should have been made a long time ago. The dude dominates too. He's striking out a batter per inning so far in his 8 inning pitching career. The sky's the limit!

I wonder where he'll start. Does he have a breaking pitch yet?

"I definitely called the Asadoorian thing last year. "

So did everyone who saw the boxscore
    Last edited by JaxRed; 01-08-2007 at 04:34 PM.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

I totally called Pujols hitting more than ten homeruns this year.

I totally called Zach Duke winning 20 games this year...dangit.

Reds need a closer. What do you think about Chad Cordero from the Nationals? Which young players would you be willing to part with?

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...2006&fext=.jsp

Updated. Fixed spelling I hope. Added Kershner, Santos and Asadoorian. I think that the team has too many guys for AAA and too many for A-. There aren't really enough for A+ or AA IMO. I think a few will be released in spring training. As for Valiquette's placement. I agree that A- would be better than A+. There were so many at A- I had to pick some one and Valiquette has had more time above rookie ball. Don't know really.

Code:
    Spot #	Majors	        AAA	        AA	        A+	        A-
    1	Aaron Harang	Homer Bailey	Johnny Cueto	Travis Wood	Josh Ravin
    2	Bronson Arroyo	Tom Shearn	Sam Lecure	Carlos Fisher	Jordan Smith/Winfrin Obispo
    3	Kyle Lohse	Phil Dumatrait	Camilo Vazquez	Phil Valiquette	Daniel Guerrero/Jamie Arneson
    4	Eric Milton	Victor Santos	James Avery	Daryl Thompson	Anthony Gressick/Misael Dejesus
    5	Eliz. Ramirez	Tyler Pelland	Eric Junge	Francisco Mateo	Brandon Rice/Nick Wandless
    6	Matt Belisle	Steve Kelly	Bob Livingston	Chris Gruler	Rafael Gonzalez/Adam Pointer

Pen Spot
    1	Mike Stanton	David Shafer	Calvin Medlock	Sean Watson	Derrik Lutz
    2	David Weathers	Jon Coutlangus	C. Bohorquez	Robert Manuel	Brandon Camardese
    3	Todd Coffey	Brad Salmon	Nick Moran	Damian Ursin	Lee Tabor
    4	Bill Bray	Carlos Guevara	James Paduch	R. Haltiwanger	Terrell Young
    5	Rheal Cormier	Wes Wilkerson	Brock Till	Logan Ondrusek	Josh Roenicke
    6	Gary Majewski	Jason Kershner	R. Asadoorian	Jon George	Richie Gardner
    7	Brian Shackelford			        Jose Rojas
    8	Jared Burton
    Last edited by mth123; 01-09-2007 at 06:15 AM.

Another update. Removed Haltiwanger.

Code:
    Spot #	Majors	        AAA	        AA	        A+	        A-
    1	Aaron Harang	Homer Bailey	Johnny Cueto	Travis Wood	Josh Ravin
    2	Bronson Arroyo	Tom Shearn	Sam Lecure	Carlos Fisher	Jordan Smith/Winfrin Obispo
    3	Kyle Lohse	Phil Dumatrait	Camilo Vazquez	Phil Valiquette	Daniel Guerrero/Jamie Arneson
    4	Eric Milton	Victor Santos	James Avery	Daryl Thompson	Anthony Gressick/Misael Dejesus
    5	Eliz. Ramirez	Tyler Pelland	Eric Junge	Francisco Mateo	Brandon Rice/Nick Wandless
    6	Matt Belisle	Steve Kelly	Bob Livingston	Chris Gruler	Rafael Gonzalez/Adam Pointer

Pen Spot
    1	Mike Stanton	David Shafer	Calvin Medlock	Sean Watson	Derrik Lutz
    2	David Weathers	Jon Coutlangus	C. Bohorquez	Robert Manuel	Brandon Camardese
    3	Todd Coffey	Brad Salmon	Nick Moran	Damian Ursin	Lee Tabor
    4	Bill Bray	Carlos Guevara	James Paduch	Jose Rojas	Terrell Young
    5	Rheal Cormier	Wes Wilkerson	Brock Till	Logan Ondrusek	Josh Roenicke
    6	Gary Majewski	Jason Kershner	R. Asadoorian	Jon George	Richie Gardner
    7	Brian Shackelford
    8	Jared Burton

Jon George is out of the organization.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Jon George is out of the organization.
    Yes, he was traded to the Rockies for nothing--err, I mean, future considerations.

The reason i know Asadoorian has made the move is because i talk to him about once a week. We grew up together. Then i moved to Ohio after our soph. year in high school. The reason Rick, which his real name in Eric, waited to make the move is because he didnt want to blow out his arm at the age of 20 trying to work his way up. From what he has told me he is currently throwing a fastball both 2 seam and 4 seam, splitter, change up, and slider. From what he has said he pitched in the fall instructional league and topped out at around 98. Rick did pitch in high school he was a closer topping out at around 93. I dont really know how is other pitches are and he never says either way. Which means nothing considering he says his fastball is "not bad". 98 with movement is pretty impressive in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jcummins100 View Post
    The reason i know Asadoorian has made the move is because i talk to him about once a week. We grew up together. Then i moved to Ohio after our soph. year in high school. The reason Rick, which his real name in Eric, waited to make the move is because he didnt want to blow out his arm at the age of 20 trying to work his way up. From what he has told me he is currently throwing a fastball both 2 seam and 4 seam, splitter, change up, and slider. From what he has said he pitched in the fall instructional league and topped out at around 98. Rick did pitch in high school he was a closer topping out at around 93. I dont really know how is other pitches are and he never says either way. Which means nothing considering he says his fastball is "not bad". 98 with movement is pretty impressive in my opinion.
    Great info there, thanks for posting it. First off, which seamer is he throwing 98? True, 98 is a nice fastball, the questions are the control and movement. Have you seen it personally? It has been said that when throwers add mph, the ball tends to flatten out, and taking some off actually increases control and spin.

Truth is, I wouldn't mind it if he fell back down to 93-94 if it meant nasty movement and more control. Give him a change up to compliment it, and he has all he needs. The splitter and slider are just a bonus.
    "I'm a Cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. Please don't send me to the pickle farm, bum." - Brak

Record In Games Attended, 2007: 2-1 (1-0 GAB, 1-1 Jake)

Turn Off Ads?