Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saddam Executed - Sky News Report

Re: Saddam Executed - Sky News Report

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    FOX is showing video feeds of 4 Iraqi TV stations and they said that pictures and video from the hanging are coming up.
    Ya know, I don't think this is something I need to see. My TV will be turned off when that video is played.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Ya know, I don't think this is something I need to see. My TV will be turned off when that video is played.
    Yeah, but there are some people who won't believe it until they see it.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Yeah, but there are some people who won't believe it until they see it.
    Iraqis need to see it the most. This is why it is a very good thing to meticulously document and record the event. There's enough misinformation floating around there as it is.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

The Fox video only shows him being led up onto the gallows and the rope being put around his neck. It doesn't show the actual hanging.

The guy got more of a shot at justice, regardless of what one currently thinks of the Iraq judiciary system at the moment, then what he dished out.

They report that his last words were "God is great!"

He will also find out he is just too.

I believe in the death penalty, though not the form used by the Iraqi's (hanging).

And while I believe Saddam got what he deserved, and rightly so, I don't take comfort or want to rejoice in the streets at another human being's death (Iraqis) or our American media giving this so much coverage and going into the gruesome details of his last moments with all types of guest commentators and analysts like it's an NFL game. It will be shown and discussed in great detail for days on end.

I turned it off. My "morbid" curiosity is not that demanding.
    Last edited by GAC; 12-30-2006 at 05:43 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

And while I believe Saddam got what he deserved, and rightly so, I don't take comfort or want to rejoice in the streets at another human being's death (Iraqis) or our American media giving this so much coverage and going into the gruesome details of his last moments with all types of guest commentators and analysts like it's an NFL game. It will be shown and discussed in great detail for days on end.

I turned it off. My "morbid" curiosity is not that demanding.
    While I have no doubt but that Hussein got what he deserved, I do not feel at all celebratory either.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Wow, that was quick. 60 days vs. the decades of appeals he'd have here.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    i was thinking the same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    While I have no doubt but that Hussein got what he deserved, I do not feel at all celebratory either.
    Agree with both GAC and RB.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I believe in the death penalty, though not the form used by the Iraqi's (hanging).
    Not to turn this thread into a death penalty thread, but death by hanging if done properly is the most painless ways in executing someone. Last night they said Hussein died within a matter of seconds which means it was done properly. Compared to lethal injection, the electric chair, etc. which result in death over a period of a couple minutes, the death penalty by hanging results in least amount of pain. (Thanks Fox News or CNN, I don't remember which)

Yeah, lethal injection seems torturous...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    He did appeal, but lost. It's not a matter of geography really, merely that crimes against humanity tend to get swifter attention than cases with no international repercussions. Plus the evidence against him was pretty damning, not much chance of a sentence being overturned.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Supreme Jar Opener

First thing I thought of was the Saddam character in South Park...

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Agree with both GAC and RB.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by zombielady View Post
    First thing I thought of was the Saddam character in South Park...

I think they should have eaten Saddam. I'm tired of all these formal events with guys wearing ski masks, with ropes and cameras; I want the messy stuff; I want some cannibalism!

Who's with me!!??

YEAH!!!
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Turn Off Ads?