Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Orange Bowl

The Orange Bowl

In less than 48 hours, I'll be touching down in Fort Lauderdale, picking up a rental car, and making my way to the Orange Bowl.

(For the record, it should be noted that the Orange Bowl isn't actually played in the stadium that is named The Orange Bowl. Instead, the Orange Bowl is played in Joe Robbie Stadium / Pro Player Stadium / Dolphin Stadium, while the actual Orange Bowl itself will sit vacant. But I digress.)

Words can't describe just how giddy I am at what has materialized this football season. Never did I ever think that Wake Forest would be (1) ACC champs in football, and (2) playing in one of the biggest of all of the bowl games.

Lots of folks have tried to capture the essence of Wake's season this year. My personal fave is this piece by Ed Hardin in Greensboro.

http://www.newsandrecord.com/apps/pb...0105/612250309

"You can dream up any football miracle, and it wouldn't approach this. The worst college football school in the history of college football in America is going to the Orange Bowl."

If you've got nothing else going on Tuesday night, tune into the game. It has the makings of Hoosiers, David vs. Goliath, Buster Douglas vs. Mike Tyson, and the 2004 Red Sox all rolled into one.

Go Deacs.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Orange Bowl

Absolutely. I'll be pullin' for the Deacons.

Re: The Orange Bowl

Wake is a great story, best of luck to them.

Turn Off Ads?