Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Bengals vs. Steelers - Week 17

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Re: Bengals vs. Steelers - Week 17

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Our identity lies solely with the offense we have Chad, TJ, Rudi, Carson and the list goes on and on. Name one player you would buy a ticket to see on defense... None. This team needs balance on both offense and defense and until we get that we are in for an up and down ride.
    Oh, but we have Frostee Rucker. We'll be okay.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    a large part of success in football is about character, something this team sorely lacks overall.

After a tough loss the sarcasim is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    a large part of success in football is about character, something this team sorely lacks overall.
    And for some reason it seems Marvin has received a free pass in this department.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    After a tough loss the sarcasim is appreciated.
    Good call. Time to start drinking.

Happy New Year!

When was the last time the Bengals went in with a good gameplan on both sides of the ball?

And when was the last time they made adjustments that worked?

This team needs new assistant coaches and coordinators as much or more than they need personnel changes.

And for some reason it seems Marvin has received a free pass in this department.
    Marvin should not receive a free pass in this department. No team had more trouble with players this year than Marvin did. Suspensions only go so far somebody big should have been cut and it should have started with Thurman.

I'm dieing here with SF leading Denver late in the 3rd period.

I keep thinking: @ 8-5, win one game go to the playoffs. Instead, we get three losses and go home.

Ah, what could have been.....(sigh)

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    if the Bengals were smart they would cut bait on all the off the field losers that have pulled them down and made them the laughingstock of the NFL.
    Sure. I agree. Only teams loaded with good character guys can be successful in the NFL.

I mean, it's not like the best team in the AFC had a starting safety dragged out of the locker room in cuffs in preseason, lost its stud linebacker to a mid-season 'roid bust, and had another crucial starter miss the season after he got shot in the process of attacking a cop.

I'm more concerned about on the field charcater, which the Bengals sorely lack (although the off-the-field stuff does bother me as well). But the Bengals lack leadership and have too many *me first* guys who like to whine and complain. The Bengals need some players on the team who will light a fire on the defensive side of the ball. I loathe Ray Lewis, but the Bengals need someone like him on defense. They're way too lacksadaisical.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Sure. I agree. Only teams loaded with good character guys can be successful in the NFL.

I mean, it's not like the best team in the AFC had a starting safety dragged out of the locker room in cuffs in preseason, lost its stud linebacker to a mid-season 'roid bust, and had another crucial starter miss the season after he got shot in the process of attacking a cop.
    there is a huge difference between a few malingers versus a group of losers. All it takes is a small core of low character individuals to destroy a team. This is a team with a boatload of individual talent who just turned in an 8-8 season.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I'm more concerned about on the field charcater, which the Bengals sorely lack (although the off-the-field stuff does bother me as well).
    the lack of character off the field will show up on the field. Plus there is a difference between an individual making a single mistake versus a pattern of irresponsible behavior. Guys who are irresponsible off the field will be irresponsible on it.

The Bengals have a core of talent to be winners, it's just a matter of having committed to pulling in the same direction.

...and Denver loses. Wow.

And I agree about character. Without it, a talented team becomes nothing more than this not-so-funny joke. This team showed they want absolutely nothing to do with success, and the playoffs. It would seem they themselves have already forgotten the humble Bungle years - but are one Mike Brown temper tantrum from returning to those dark days.
    Get rid of the defensive coach. Get rid of Henry. Get rid of any other yahoo who insists on repeat offenses.
    This team had so much, and was so close to not only getting to the playoffs, but to dominating.
    Last edited by MrCinatit; 12-31-2006 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Nor does a win. SF has no chance at Denver.

I think a better defense will make a lot of the character issues seem to vanish into thin air. Not because they went anywhere, but because the character issues have so little to do with why the Bengals lost football games this year. Today, Chris Henry proved the case all over again. He practically single-handedly won the game today. Unless it was alcohol on his breath that got a hold of Graham's kick and made it do a 90 degree right turn. What the heck hit Graham's kick? Wind gust? Too wobbly?

Turn Off Ads?