Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals vs. Steelers - Week 17

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    For a Level Playing Field

Bengals vs. Steelers - Week 17

Well so far we have seen some not so smart plays...

(1) Steelers try a strange looking "reverse" on the kickoff. Looked more like mass confusion drawn up by a coordinator that should not be in the NFL. Santonio Holmes gets tackled quickly at the 8 yard line.

(2) After the play above... Caleb Miller delivers a forearm blow to Holmes who fumbled after being blown down. Ref rightly calls a 15-yarder for the blow.

(3) Bengals use a D timeout on 3rd-and-5 b/c they have too many men on the field. D'oh!

Go Bengals!

Re: Bengals vs. Steelers - Week 17

Bengals stop them on their 1st drive. A decent drive, 9 plays and 5:00 of clock, but no points. Pittsburgh punts and the Bengals let them down it around the 15-yard-line.

Not much of a pass rush for the Bengals. Spmething we have seen a lot this year. Good coverage bailed them out on the last third down which was incomplete due to a knockdown by Jonathan Joseph.

Holy... Palmer throws 2 bombs on their 1st two plays. Both incomplete as the Steelers have good coverage. Now he completes 3rd-and-10 play to TJ for a 1st down and 23 yards.

Could the Bengals be any dumber?

If I didn't know better I'd think they were doing it on purpose.

That first play of the game, is a microcosm of the Bengals season on and off the field. No self-discipline. To drag a guy backward using his jersey, then putting a forearm under his face mask, they are lucky they did not get ejected.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    That first play of the game, is a microcosm of the Bengals season on and off the field. No self-discipline. To drag a guy backward using his jersey, then putting a forearm under his face mask, they are lucky they did not get ejected.
    I THOUGHT Caleb Miller was a smart guy... made his own submission for Top 10 Dumbest Bengal-related happening of the year on that play.

And the Jets have just scored a TD.

Palmer just got shoved down. Steelers are going to blitz all day.

Yep, Carson needs to look for TEs and RBs on those blitzes (ala Peyton!). Steelers stop the Bengals on 3rd-and-11 as Palmer completes a short pass to Chris Henry.

Kyle Larson boots the punt into the endzone for a touchback. I get frustrated with the non-existent coffin corner attempt sometimes. Not easy, but anything beyond the 20-yard-line is okay. If you get paid to punt a football, I'd think you should be able to practice it and get decent at it. Downing it and getting a good bounce to do it is a tough thing to do as well.

Give me a pass rush this time!

Jets lead Oak., 7-0.

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Jets lead Oak., 7-0.

Rem
    NO!

Geez... thanks for throwing Steelers (and I was worried about a pass rush). 15 yards on the 1st three plays rushing. Then Ben tries to go deep into double coverage and Tory James gets an easy pickoff. Returns it to around the 50-yard-line. 1st-and-10 Bengals!

I hope I am wrong, but I see absolutely no way the Bengals win this game. They don't have it in them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    I hope I am wrong, but I see absolutely no way the Bengals win this game. They don't have it in them.
    Heart? I worried about this prior to the game. So far the heart seems like a distant thing for our Bengals. I hope it starts beating soon.

SHOOOOWHEEEEE Man oh man the squealers did whatever they wanted whenever they wanted wherever they wanted on that drive.

Turn Off Ads?