Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals vs. Steelers - Week 17

Re: Bengals vs. Steelers - Week 17

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Marvin Lewis: One winning year in four. How much have the Bengals really advanced?

Rem
    NO losing seasons in 4. How quickly we forget.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    NO losing seasons in 4. How quickly we forget.

Depends on which side of the coin you're viewing.

Rem

With the talent this club has, 8-8 is totally unacceptable, especially given the repeated breakdowns on offense, defense, and special teams in the endgame.

They just aren't mentally tough. They don't finish. And that's the kind of quality the coaches have to ingrain in their minds.

The blame for this latest mess should be spread around evenly. It's easy to bash the defense, but keep in mind the offense did absolutely nothing for three quarters. The coaching decisions were awful. Marvin may talk a good game but his gameplanning and clock management still stink after four years.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Wow horrible end-game and timeout management by Marvin
    This seems a reoccurring thing with Marvin.

IMO, he is an overrated coach on gameday, a weak to below-average evaluator of character and talent in the draft, and obviously for being a defensive-minded coach, he has failed miserable in that category in his time here. The D actually has regressed.

Next year, with an easier schedule and hopefully a new D coordinator, the Bengals will make it back to the playoffs.

Hopefully in the meantime, Marvin can iron out the wrinkles in his approach to game/clock management.

You could just see him pooping down his leg after the Henry catch. He didn't know what to do. It was like watching the Jerry Narron "pulling defeat from the jaws of victory" re-runs from the past two summers.

This season was a good slap in the face to IMO, a very overrated coach.

Maybe the Bengals need a 'clock management coach'.

Rem

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Maybe the Bengals need a 'clock management coach'.

Rem
    Don't laugh, if it saves you a game, and you get into the playoffs,his salary would be worth it.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Doesnt help that Denver now knows that they dont need to win to be in the playoffs.

Keep that in mind.
    But they DO have to win. If they lose, KC's in and they're out.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    With the talent this club has, 8-8 is totally unacceptable, especially given the repeated breakdowns on offense, defense, and special teams in the endgame.

They just aren't mentally tough. They don't finish. And that's the kind of quality the coaches have to ingrain in their minds.

The blame for this latest mess should be spread around evenly. It's easy to bash the defense, but keep in mind the offense did absolutely nothing for three quarters. The coaching decisions were awful. Marvin may talk a good game but his gameplanning and clock management still stink after four years.
    Seriously, the way he squandered that time-out is something my little cousin MIGHT do when we're playing Madden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

StantontheRed

Marvin Lewis is a good coach,I just believe he lost site of whqat his teams strenghts are.Against the Colts he tried to run the ball the whole game.Sure Indy has a terrible run defense but why leave what your good at (passing)and go to something else.Coach Lewis did this qutie often this season as well as leaving the no huddle and no coming back to it fro half the game sometimes.I just think this team would have been alot better if Maryin would let the offense loose and score has many as they could instead of just trying to score enough.Also if Chuch is back next season it will be a waisted season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    A perfect end to a perfect day!! Marvin has a lot of work to do, starting with his coaching staff.
    And also some player attitudes. I agree with what Boomer said - in the off-season, Marvin needs to exert control back over this team and possibly get rid of a few players with character problems.

Injuries hurt the Bengals this year. But when I look at this roster it has a lot of talent. So how did they end up 8-8 when everyone feels they are far better then that? I believe it is the character/attitude issue with certain players.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    This seems a reoccurring thing with Marvin.

IMO, he is an overrated coach on gameday, a weak to below-average evaluator of character and talent in the draft, and obviously for being a defensive-minded coach, he has failed miserable in that category in his time here. The D actually has regressed.

Next year, with an easier schedule and hopefully a new D coordinator, the Bengals will make it back to the playoffs.

Hopefully in the meantime, Marvin can iron out the wrinkles in his approach to game/clock management.

You could just see him pooping down his leg after the Henry catch. He didn't know what to do. It was like watching the Jerry Narron "pulling defeat from the jaws of victory" re-runs from the past two summers.

This season was a good slap in the face to IMO, a very overrated coach.
    Agreed and don't forget the timeout expended trying to ice a kicker when that is absolutely the wrong call in that situation. Very bush.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Agreed and don't forget the timeout expended trying to ice a kicker when that is absolutely the wrong call in that situation. Very bush.
    I laughed, but was not surprised.

If there was no time left or the kick was for the win, I understand using one or even both timeouts to ice the kicker.

But, heck, with a minute left and Carson and the offense with the rock at home, you need all the time you can get to give yourself a chance.

To use that to ice a kicker on a chippy?

Very amatuer.

The Bengals definately have some issues and Lewis really needs to address them but I think a lot of people have short memories regarding the culture of losing that existed around the Bengals for over 10 years. It's not easy to turn that around, just look at the Cardinals and Lions.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

I always love it when people say that Marvin Lewis is overrated. We could bring back David Shula, maybe Bruce Coslet, heck lets call on good old Dick Lebeau. Ultimately Marvin has made some bad choices in his time with the Bengals but many coaches have. Do changes need to be made anyone can see that by looking at the defense every game. But keep in mind the players have also done a poor job of executing this entire year.

I haven't read this thread yet and I am certainly not in a position to judge coaching decisions and whatnot, but I would like to throw in my two cents and say holy crap did that suck. And coaching whatever notwithstanding, the Bengals have to be one of the unluckiest football teams ever.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?