Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brett Favre done???

Brett Favre done???

What an interview after the game. Here's to one of the best.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brett Favre done???

sounded that way to me.
    School's out. What did you expect?

The Packers are young and going to be a lot better next year. I bet he'll be back. If you can still play, it's hard to let it go.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

I am shocked that the Packers finished 8-8. I had them pegged as about a 3-13 team going into the season. I laughed when Favre said they they could be good. They were only a tiebreaker away from making the playoffs.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

I didn't think they'd win a game, but they had a great draft- Hawk, 3 soilid offensive linemen and a good widereceiver. Dryver had a great year and Green a good one. Woodson was a good pickup and the defense really improved over the last 4 games. Indeed they outplayed Buffalo and St Louis
    but their inability to produce in the Red Zoan cost them those games and the playoff birth. Another great draft, a lot of cap money to spend, and if Brett comes back, ( Ididn't think he woud after tonight) , who knows

Always good to beat the hated Bears in their own ballpark, something Brett has now done on 13 occassions.

we can only hope.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Being as though he finished the season with such a strong perfomance, I see Favre struggling to make the decision once again this offseason.

One thing is for certain, the Packers are not going to sit around walking on eggshells while waiting for his decision this go around. I feel that they will give him a firm deadline to have them a decision--rather than the other way around.

The waiting during the last offseason was a joke...and ESPN was the court jester.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Being as though he finished the season with such a strong perfomance, I see Favre struggling to make the decision once again this offseason.

One thing is for certain, the Packers are not going to sit around walking on eggshells while waiting for his decision this go around. I feel that they will give him a firm deadline to have them a decision--rather than the other way around.

The waiting during the last offseason was a joke...and ESPN was the court jester.
    The Packers PR department thanks you for the free publicity of their football team.

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    The Packers PR department thanks you for the free publicity of their football team.

Anything I can do to keep Favre from being another "Sunday Evening Conversation"....I will be happy to do.
    Last edited by Blimpie; 01-02-2007 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    we can only hope.
    Amen. Even though it appears he's done, I would imagine that the official announcement won't come until sometime around the draft. He'll want to drag it out as long as possible, just like he's done for the last two years.

Actually, I don't think he'll retire. I'd be shocked if he didn't take his shot at a one year farewell tour around the NFL, his ego couldn't bear to miss an opportunity like that.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo Fan View Post
    Amen. Even though it appears he's done, I would imagine that the official announcement won't come until sometime around the draft. He'll want to drag it out as long as possible, just like he's done for the last two years.

Actually, I don't think he'll retire. I'd be shocked if he didn't take his shot at a one year farewell tour around the NFL, his ego couldn't bear to miss an opportunity like that.
    Yep. There are some pretty gaudy NFL passing records that are within his grasp. Being a big Marino fan, I kinda wish he would mail it in.

One more season should just about ensure that Favre will be the one keeping the seat warm for Peyton Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    One more season should just about ensure that Favre will be the one keeping the seat warm for Peyton Manning.
    What seat is that, most games played at quarterback without winning a championship? Favre has his ring. Don't hold your breath waiting for Manning to get his. And until he does, nobody cares about his stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    What seat is that, most games played at quarterback without winning a championship? Favre has his ring. Don't hold your breath waiting for Manning to get his. And until he does, nobody cares about his stats.
    Favre has his ring? Yeah, so does Trent Dilfer.

First of all, I think you are mistaking me for a Peyton Manning honk...the only one who ever graduated from the University of Florida, I am guessing. Hate on Manning all you like, but you have got to admit that he has put up some pretty sick numbers thusfar. Granted, Marvin Harrison has alot to do with that. You had better get used to these "coronations" each and every subsequent season, because Manning will own all of the major passing records when he hangs up his cleats.

The whole point of my earlier post was that Favre might be (mistakenly) tempted to come back for one more year simply to take down some of the "sexiest" passing records of all time. My advice to Brett is: Why bother doing so if Manning will eventually surpass most of those records anyway?

The records that I am referring to are:

Most Career Completion Yards
    Marino-61,361
    Favre-57,500 (good chance if he has another year like 2006)

Most Career Passing TDs
    Marino-420
    Favre-414 (lead pipe lock)

Most Career Games with 4+ Passing TDs
    Marino-21
    Favre-19 (outside chance-although had no 4+ TD games in 2006)

As I stated earlier, Marino is my guy. But you also have as many Super Bowl rings as does Dan--so I guess he sucks just like Manning does.

Maybe the guy just loves the game and his teammates.

I don't understand the negative bashing that Brett Favre gets from fans. He seems like a genuine guy and he makes the game fun. I don't see any reason to run a guy like that out of the game.

It's not really his fault that he get's asked the same question four hundred times a day.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I just wish guys like Favre and Roger Clemens would just decide whether they want to play again or not and end the constant speculation. I really get tired of these guys talking retirement every year and then deciding to go one more. If you're going to retire, retire. If you think you've still got the desire to play, play. Just stop swinging back and forth like a rusty gate, sqeaking until the media greases your hinges.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?