Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Credit Where Credit Is Due For Griffey

Credit Where Credit Is Due For Griffey

Well...it's a new year and time to get in full swing (pun intended) getting ready for baseball season. Here is a new song I put together as a tribute to what Ken Griffey Jr. has done in his career. I know we all have been guilty of being somewhat critical of him at times for his injury record since coming to the Reds, but I figured I would try to highlight the positives and the real difference between him and the other modern day top home run hitters. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M230_yxuT1E
    Last edited by ryanparkersongs; 02-20-2007 at 03:24 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Recovering Cubs Fan

Re: Credit Where Credit Is Due For Griffey

First of all, very well done. The song and the slideshow are both terrific.

The one thing I have to take issue with, though, is that it's not just his injury problems that he's being criticized for -- it's his apparent refusal to accept that he is no longer the player he once was. I know this is supposed to be a positive thing we're focusing on here, but the fact is that it's difficult to continue thinking good things about him when it looks a lot like he's poised to singlehandedly ruin the next two seasons for the Reds. If he appeared the least bit openminded about moving to RF and batting 5th, I for one would be far more optimistic about this coming year. I realize that as a fan I probably don't really know what's going on but it looks to me like every time it's brought up, he doesn't want to hear any of it.

Okay, enough of that; sorry. Honestly, another great job, and here's hoping he stays healthy enough that we'll all be able to enjoy the song as much as it should be.

I'm not really sure how it could be automatically assumed Jr has never taken any substance that has enhanced his performance....

If you shouldn't assume someone has taken some type of performance enhancing substance because of a lack of tangible evidence, then certainly, it's not appropriate to assume someone was clean for the same reason....

We dont know and we never will......
    Last edited by jojo; 01-01-2007 at 12:57 PM.

Another solid song Ryan. Seeing those pictures of Bonds, Big Mac, Canseco () really make you want to see Junior put together one more solid season.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I'm not really sure how it could be automatically assumed Jr has never taken any substance that has enhanced his performance....
    Nothing can ever be assumed. And for that we can thank the obvious men like Raffy, MAC, Sosa, Canseco, Caminiti, etc, etc. We can also thank MLB for turning a blind eye towards the issue.

But by looking at the body physique and the numbers... it seems safe to bet a good chunk of your savings that KGJ did not cheat. It is sad that we (baseball fans) have to wonder about all good players. But such is life b/c MLB and the Union allowed it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post

If you shouldn't assume someone has taken some type of performance enhancing substance because of a lack of tangible evidence, then certainly, it's not appropriate to assume someone was clean for the same reason....

We dont know and we never will......
    because it's Jr.

He's not a cheater.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Senor Votto

This song is personally my favorite that you've done since Griffey is my favorite player.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Nothing can ever be assumed. And for that we can thank the obvious men like Raffy, MAC, Sosa, Canseco, Caminiti, etc, etc. We can also thank MLB for turning a blind eye towards the issue.

But by looking at the body physique and the numbers... it seems safe to bet a good chunk of your savings that KGJ did not cheat. It is sad that we (baseball fans) have to wonder about all good players. But such is life b/c MLB and the Union allowed it to happen.
    Methamphetamine wouldn't be expected to change a player's physique yet they could definitely help maintain a high level of performance over the course of a long season.... I guess, if someone could cite an increase in performance as evidence that a player used performance enhancing drugs, then someone else could cite a consistently high level of performance over a prolonged period of time as evidence of meth use...

that's my point...a lot of these arguments are based upon assumptions that are really wild speculation masquerading as "evidence"...

Its just as wild to speculate a guy was clean as it is to speculate a guy was dirty.....

If I was to formulate a list of guys most likely to have never used performance enhancing drugs based upon their numbers/physique, Ryan Franklin would've been a great candidate. He's a confirmed steroid user....

Loved the song, Jr is a ball player that I definitely would give up some coin to see.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

Good Stuff Ryan

Great song, Ryan. Thanks for that.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Ryan,

I can almost smell the fresh cut grass when I listen to your songs!

Thank you so much!

Cool one, Ryan! Thanks for sharing it!
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

After being taken down for awhile, I managed to get the Griffey song/video tribute back up just in time for spring training!

Bravo!

Turn Off Ads?