Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: That Ends the Debate

That Ends the Debate

Obviously Michigan was/is not the number 2 team in the country.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: That Ends the Debate

Danelo the kicker is killing me. This should be a three possession game if he made those two XPs. Booty has overthrown two guys for TDs, but overall has played good.

Game isn't over yet due to Danelo.

USC will open the 2007 Season ranked on top. Will they be able to stay there?

32-11 now! Dwayne Jarrett is incredible. He and Steve Smith are now both over 1000 yards.

Our defense has played incredible this game. Next years defense is going to rival Miami's from a few years ago.

Dwayne Jarrett is a great player, but he needs a lesson in humility. His antics in the press conference after the Notre Dame game and now his lack of sportsmanship in this game have been a bit ridiculous.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

32-18 final score.

The whole team looked terrific. I hope Kiffin opens the offense up next season in the same manner that he did in the second half of this game.

Michigan flat quit with sufficient time to win.

They mailed it in after the 2nd SC TD of the second half. I'm rapidly losing respect for them.

They played with absolutely no heart tonight, and obviously weren't close to deserving a rematch with OSU. When a team looks this bad with all their hype, they should spend time in the slammer. What a crock.

Yeah, I know they scored a late TD, but the assessment still stands.
    Last edited by Playadlc; 01-01-2007 at 08:40 PM.

It is really difficult to see folks so deride the mighty Wolverines

Tonight was the first time I've ever seen Jarrett taunt someone, so that guy must have been talking trash to DJ all night. Plus the guy took a cheap shot on Jarrett in the endzone.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    It is really difficult to see folks so deride the mighty Wolverines
    I am appalled.

Guess the center snaps do matter after all.

By the way, Penn St and Wisconsin beat a couple teams from that outstanding conference down south.

Tennessee 10 Penn St 20

Arkansas 14 Wisconsin 17
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 01-01-2007 at 08:52 PM.

Where did Michigan learn how to tackle? Purely pitiful display IMO.

I've been watching last year's OSU Tostitos Bowl win over ND on Buckeye Football Classics (FSN). It has been much more interesting.

Love listening to some of the comments made in that game now that it's a year later. Musberger - "The Buckeyes are going to go into the '07 season ranked very high, maybe #1 in the pre-season poll.".....

"Notre Dame is gonna have a really tough schedule next year."
    Last edited by GAC; 01-01-2007 at 08:56 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Tonight was the first time I've ever seen Jarrett taunt someone, so that guy must have been talking trash to DJ all night. Plus the guy took a cheap shot on Jarrett in the endzone.
    He took a cheap shot on him because Jarrett was pointing at him from the 7 yard line to the endzone.

He is lucky he didn't get laid out for that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Dwayne Jarrett is a great player, but he needs a lesson in humility. His antics in the press conference after the Notre Dame game and now his lack of sportsmanship in this game have been a bit ridiculous.
    Revisit his verbal commitment to Ohio State and his ongoing insistence that his verbal was solid right up until signing day for further evidence of his "character".

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Where did Michigan learn how to tackle? Purely pitiful display IMO.
    They give up just too many big plays against teams that come ready to play.

Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    Revisit his verbal commitment to Ohio State and his ongoing insistence that his verbal was solid right up until signing day for further evidence of his "character".
    Jarrett never commited to OSU, IIRC. Tom Lemming (who most despise) falsely reported that. Jarrett wanted to go to SC but his mom was pressuring him to stay closer to home - DJ eventually won her over and chose USC on signing day. Jarrett has shown nothing but class while at SC. That guy must have been talking major trash for DJ to do something like that.

Turn Off Ads?