Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: That Ends the Debate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

That Ends the Debate

Obviously Michigan was/is not the number 2 team in the country.

Re: That Ends the Debate

Danelo the kicker is killing me. This should be a three possession game if he made those two XPs. Booty has overthrown two guys for TDs, but overall has played good.

Game isn't over yet due to Danelo.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Danelo the kicker is killing me. This should be a three possession game if he made those two XPs. Booty has overthrown two guys for TDs, but overall has played good.

Game isn't over yet due to Danelo.
    I feel like trash; I need a swift kick in the balls.

I feel like trash; I need a swift kick in the balls.

How were you to know? Did they give a cause of death?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    How were you to know? Did they give a cause of death?
    Scott Wolf (writer for LA Daily News) says on his blog he died of an apparent suicide. He's often wrong, and I'm hoping that's the case here. I'm hoping it was accidental for the sake of the family. So sad no matter what. You start to feel like you know these players after watching them play so much and that makes it hurt even worse. Reds fans know the feeling after the tragic death of Stenson a few years ago.

USC kicker Danelo found dead at bottom of cliffESPN.com news services

Mario Danelo, a kicker for the USC football team, was found dead Saturday in San Pedro, Calif.

Danelo's body was found at the bottom of White Point Cliff in San Pedro, according for a spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department. Police did not release further details.

Danelo, a redshirt junior, walked on with the Trojans in 2003 and earned a scholarship in 2005, according to the USC athletic department's Web site.

He was 15-for-16 on field goals this season and made 44 of 48 PATs, leading the team in scoring with 89 points.

Danelo is the son of former NFL kicker Joe Danelo.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2722825

USC will open the 2007 Season ranked on top. Will they be able to stay there?

32-11 now! Dwayne Jarrett is incredible. He and Steve Smith are now both over 1000 yards.

Our defense has played incredible this game. Next years defense is going to rival Miami's from a few years ago.

Dwayne Jarrett is a great player, but he needs a lesson in humility. His antics in the press conference after the Notre Dame game and now his lack of sportsmanship in this game have been a bit ridiculous.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Dwayne Jarrett is a great player, but he needs a lesson in humility. His antics in the press conference after the Notre Dame game and now his lack of sportsmanship in this game have been a bit ridiculous.
    Revisit his verbal commitment to Ohio State and his ongoing insistence that his verbal was solid right up until signing day for further evidence of his "character".

Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    Revisit his verbal commitment to Ohio State and his ongoing insistence that his verbal was solid right up until signing day for further evidence of his "character".
    Jarrett never commited to OSU, IIRC. Tom Lemming (who most despise) falsely reported that. Jarrett wanted to go to SC but his mom was pressuring him to stay closer to home - DJ eventually won her over and chose USC on signing day. Jarrett has shown nothing but class while at SC. That guy must have been talking major trash for DJ to do something like that.

Jarrett never commited to OSU, IIRC. Tom Lemming (who most despise) falsely reported that. Jarrett wanted to go to SC but his mom was pressuring him to stay closer to home - DJ eventually won her over and chose USC on signing day. Jarrett has shown nothing but class while at SC. That guy must have been talking major trash for DJ to do something like that.

Wrong. Jarrett was a silent verbal to the coaches, and it had nothing to do with that dork Lemming. This was before the Big Ten allowed schools to send out 5 more LOIs than scholarships they had available. OSU was only permitted to send out the same number of LOIs as scholarships they had available that year, and they sent one to Jarrett. They're not going to waste a LOI on a kid who didn't already give them a silent verbal.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Wrong. Jarrett was a silent verbal to the coaches, and it had nothing to do with that dork Lemming. This was before the Big Ten allowed schools to send out 5 more LOIs than scholarships they had available. OSU was only permitted to send out the same number of LOIs as scholarships they had available that year, and they sent one to Jarrett. They're not going to waste a LOI on a kid who didn't already give them a silent verbal.
    I just looked it up, and, no, Jarrett was never commited to OSU.
    In fact, here is his quote:

WeAreSC- Have any other schools come in lately for in-home visits?

Jarrett- “Ohio State came in, and that’s about it, because I already told everyone else that I wasn’t going to their school. It’s really just USC and Ohio State. That meeting went good. They told me how much they need a receiver to come in there and play and everything.”

WeAreSC- Do you have a leader out of those two?

Jarrett- “No, I’m just really thinking hard about those two. I don’t really have a leader. I’ve still got a little more thinking to do.”

BTW, you guys are thinking of Fred Davis. He was verbally commited to OSU and then changed his mind and committed to USC.

32-18 final score.

The whole team looked terrific. I hope Kiffin opens the offense up next season in the same manner that he did in the second half of this game.

Michigan flat quit with sufficient time to win.

They mailed it in after the 2nd SC TD of the second half. I'm rapidly losing respect for them.

They played with absolutely no heart tonight, and obviously weren't close to deserving a rematch with OSU. When a team looks this bad with all their hype, they should spend time in the slammer. What a crock.

Yeah, I know they scored a late TD, but the assessment still stands.
    Last edited by Playadlc; 01-01-2007 at 08:40 PM.

Turn Off Ads?