Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Boise St deserve a shot at the title?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 50.70%
  • No

35 49.30%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boise State deserve a shot for the National Title?

Boise State deserve a shot for the National Title?

Yes or No?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Boise State deserve a shot for the National Title?

Nope.

Depends. They deserve a chance in a broader sense, but not in the BCS format. There's just no way you could have had OSU-Boise state playing for the National Title.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

It was a great night and one of the best games I'll ever see, but no. You can't compare their schedule to OSU and Florida's.

They played who was on the their schedule, they beat all of them. There are 2 undefeated teams, they should be playing for the championship.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    You can't compare their schedule to OSU and Florida's.
    It's an argument that Boise State can really never win -- their schedule is always going to be crap because their conference is crap.

What do you tell Boise State to do to fix this? They either have to beg and plead their way into a BCS conference or beg and plead their way into getting big-time opponents to schedule them non-conference.

It's part of what irks me about BCS/non-BCS -- the BCS conferences are like private country clubs, selectively admitting schools they want while excluding schools they find undesireable. They hold all the keys, and then tell the outside schools they can't play too.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    It's an argument that Boise State can really never win -- their schedule is always going to be crap because their conference is crap.

What do you tell Boise State to do to fix this? They either have to beg and plead their way into a BCS conference or beg and plead their way into getting big-time opponents to schedule them non-conference.
    The only way is to have their whole conference improve and go undefeated again.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    It was a great night and one of the best games I'll ever see, but no. You can't compare their schedule to OSU and Florida's.
    They have 0 losses, Florida has 1.

Use common sense. Boise State deserves a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

In college football the way it is set up you just have to consider strength of schedule. It sucks for BSU, but until the NCAA goes to a tournament I think Florida has to be the team to face OSU. I'd love to see a team like Bosie State get their chance in a tourney but that's probably not going to happen any time soon
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

The canyon of talent is so narrow now that I could definitely see a Boise, a Utah from 2005 or a TCU from 2000 winning at least one, if not two or all three games in an 8 team college football playofff.

Tonight's game was just one more check mark in a long list of reasons why a playoff is needed.

Non-BCS schools are now 2-0 in BCS games.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

It's part of what irks me about BCS/non-BCS -- the BCS conferences are like private country clubs, selectively admitting schools they want while excluding schools they find undesireable. They hold all the keys, and then tell the outside schools they can't play too.
    Yep. And if the BCS schools do agree to play non-BCS teams, it usually is on the basis of only if the non-BCS team goes on the road.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

It's one of the reasons I pity those of you who have a passion for I-A college football.

It's not a "national championship." It's a best-of-four-conferences-plus-Notre-Dame title.

Even if Rutgers had run the table (a Big East team), I'm not 100% sure that they would have made it into the championship game.

I rarely get to watch college football with law school and all. Yesterday was a great day of football.
    Last edited by cincinnati chili; 01-02-2007 at 07:48 AM. Reason: forgot about Notre Dame
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post

Non-BCS schools are now 2-0 in BCS games.
    And that's the exact reason why some still ignore the little ones.

Bring on the Broncos.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Yes.

That was probably the best college football game I've ever watched.

No. When you play a weak conference schedule, you have to schedule better out-of-conference opponents then Sacramento State, Oregon St. and Wyoming.

But that was a great game and it shows they can play with anyone. Now they just have to schedule some tougher opponents.

Turn Off Ads?