Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is RedsZone's #6 prospect?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chris Dickerson

0 0%
  • Joey Hamilton

16 16.33%
  • Paul Janish

3 3.06%
  • Sam LeCure

12 12.24%
  • Bobby Livingston

0 0%
  • Milton Loo

2 2.04%
  • Wirfin Obispo

0 0%
  • Josh Ravin

1 1.02%
  • Cody Strait

0 0%
  • Drew Stubbs

39 39.80%
  • Chris Valaika

23 23.47%
  • Sean Watson

2 2.04%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is RedsZone's #6 Prospect

Who is RedsZone's #6 Prospect

Our story so far:

1. Homer Bailey
    2. Jay Bruce
    3. Joey Votto
    4. Johnny Cueto
    5. Travis Wood

I've added enough names to the list to bring it up to an even dozen. Again, if you think I'm missing someone who should be considered soon, let me know.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is RedsZone's #6 Prospect

Might want to make a poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Cheez, gimme a minute... :

...And sorry about misspelling "prospect" in the poll heading...haste makes waste.
    Last edited by chicoruiz; 01-02-2007 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    Cheez, gimme a minute... :

...And sorry about misspelling "prospect" in the poll heading...haste makes waste.
    I'm sure "Joey" Hamilton forgives you.
    Later,

Tom

"One thing about Adam is he wants to play every day. He's played hurt the last couple of years. A lot of people get on him about a lot of different things, but he plays. A whole lot of people look at what he can't do instead of what he does do for us." - Jerry Narron on Adam Dunn.

The drop off from #5 is really big isn't it? I think Sean Watson, Josh Ravin, Drew Stubbs, Chris Valaika and Milton Loo all have promise but I need to see something beyond rookie ball to put a guy in the top 10. Just my preference. Chris Dickerson and Cody Strait have tools but are on-base challenged. (Need to trade these guys to leatherpants.) Paul Janisch is growing on me, but right now he still seems like a dime a dozen utility MI. Joey Hamilton may not stay with the Reds and has the drug thing dogging him. Obispo is a complete unknown. Bobby Livingston is too soft a tosser to likely contribute.

That leads me to my vote for Sam Lecure. 141 innings at A+, very passable HR, Walks and K's. He has the look of a mid rotation inning eater. If the Reds can produce a few of those from within its a huge plus. One asset for a small market team is the ability to avoid the trap of paying $5 to $6 Million for guys like Steve Trachsel and Kyle Lohse to stink up the bottom of the rotation. Having even bottom end of the rotation guys in the pipeline is a step in the right direction.

Its a big year for Lecure. He'll be making the biggest jump in baseball from A+ to AA. If he does well, he moves into the Reds upper echelon IMO.

Chico Ruiz, you are doing a fine job with these polls. Given my comments about the other guys on the list, please add David Shafer, John Coutlangus, Calvin Medlock and Carlos Fisher to the next poll.
    Last edited by mth123; 01-02-2007 at 08:08 PM.

Gotta go Stubbs here...though I'm not in love with his bat, he can add value with speed and his glove.

I voted Stubbs. This is the part where the prospects are real tightly bunched.

Porkchop Sandwiches

I went with Valaika. Dude had a historic and amazing offensive season, along with being at a premium position... voila.

I'm sure "Joey" Hamilton forgives you.
    Yikes...I've been up since 2am; does it show? If someone knows how to edit poll options, please let me know; I'm embarrassing myself.

please add David Shafer, John Coutlangus, Calvin Medlock and Carlos Fisher to the next poll.
    Considered all of them for this poll, but couldn't see including one without including them all. Plus Pelland, Guevara, Salmon, Dumatrait.. they're all kind of bunched IMHO. I will stick them in the next poll, although by the time I'm finished typing, their names may not be recognizable...

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I went with Stubbs over Valaika. Stubbs, while very unimpressive with his batting average, showed some pop in his bat, his speed swiped him 20 bases and he plays great defense and knows how to take a walk.

why is hamilton on the list? he has to be on the major league roster, so he is no longer a prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    Considered all of them for this poll, but couldn't see including one without including them all. Plus Pelland, Guevara, Salmon, Dumatrait.. they're all kind of bunched IMHO. I will stick them in the next poll, although by the time I'm finished typing, their names may not be recognizable...
    Thanks, but it may not matter. Looking like I'll get to vote for Lecure a couple more times.

I voted for Stubbs due to his defensive prowess and plate discipline, but this is a huge season for Stubbs to break out at least a little bit. If he doesn't perform this season for whatever reason, then it may start to look dicey for him.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

I voted for Valaika, who is a hitting machine. He will move fast. More patience will be needed for Stubbs.

I had to go with Valaika. Since he has an awesome bat

Turn Off Ads?