Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Project Prospect Top 100 Prospects (4 Reds)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Project Prospect Top 100 Prospects (4 Reds)

The guys at Project Prospect have had out their top 25 for a while, but they just released the rest of their list.
    Code:
    6  	   	Homer Bailey  	   	RHP  	   	A great competitor with a ton of potential, could be better ace than Hughes  	   	
    7 	  	Jay Bruce 	  	OF 	  	Slowed by shoulder injury in August, 1060 OPS in 99 June at-bats 	  	
    30  	   	Joey Votto  	   	1B  	   	20/20 1B coming off a career year (.319/.408/.547); regression to mean in '07?  	   	
    100  	   	Johnny Cueto  	   	RHP  	   	Career: 187 IP 187:48 K to BB 1.08 WHIP
    www.projectprospect.com

Re: Project Prospect Top 100 Prospects (4 Reds)

Glad to see Cueto finally get some much deserved recognition.

I may or may not have made the suggestion to Adam that Cueto may be the type of guy he was looking for in his 90-100 area....

I don't get the Votto hate thing. Regression? He put up good numbers in Dayton during the 04 campaign. Let the 05 FSL slump go people lol.

Joey Votto, baseball's unwanted child

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    I don't get the Votto hate thing. Regression? He put up good numbers in Dayton during the 04 campaign. Let the 05 FSL slump go people lol.

Joey Votto, baseball's unwanted child
    I agree. Votto had one bad year due largely to the rules the reds adopted for taking a strike. Hard to hit when you are always behind in the count.

I just don't understand the Delmon Young man-love anymore. He could bat .250 in rookie ball, stab a guy, and dance naked for Jim Neighbors, and he'd still sit atop every single prospect list. Sure the guy mashed in Low A a couple years ago, but his patience has completely disappeared at higher levels and even his power was mediocre last year. He obviously has tools and is very young, but placing him above Alex Gordon just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

I don't think Votto was a one year wonder, but #30 seems like an appropriate place.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    I just don't understand the Delmon Young man-love anymore. He could bat .250 in rookie ball, stab a guy, and dance naked for Jim Neighbors, and he'd still sit atop every single prospect list. Sure the guy mashed in Low A a couple years ago, but his patience has completely disappeared at higher levels and even his power was mediocre last year. He obviously has tools and is very young, but placing him above Alex Gordon just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

I don't think Votto was a one year wonder, but #30 seems like an appropriate place.
    Coincidentally, Jim Neighbors' prospect list has Delmon Young as the consensus #1 prospect in baseball.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 01-04-2007 at 05:32 PM.

Yeah, I didnt understand that comment....me and Adam have had the conversation before about his 04, 05 and 06 seasons, so maybe that was someone elses comment that writes for the site.

Turn Off Ads?