Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Once a Week or Once a Month ?

Once a Week or Once a Month ?

Hi guys,

I need your help. I've been coming here to Redszone...1,2 and 3 times a day for years looking for the latest Reds news.

Unfortunately, we've had nearly nothing to talk about for months.
    Maybe this is the absolute best way to build a ball club...slowly...surely...one minor leaguer at a time.

The problem is that when I come to the web site over and over and over again and find us arguing minutiae over topics that barely deserve a post, much less 10 pages of posts...and when I see the frustration of Reds fans as they await the next Brendan Harris trade, I realize that the best solution might be to come here less often keeping my frustration level in check...

Soooo...my question is How often do you check in on Redszone?

Maybe we need a service project to channel all this fanaticism...How about we help sick children get to Reds games...? Other ideas?
    There and Back Again...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Once a Week or Once a Month ?

Maybe we could set up some program like the NFL has with Campbell's Chunky Soup.

Everytime Krono posts a can of soup is donated to a food shelter.

Every thread that zombie locks and closes, Bob Castellini gets a season ticket package paid for (sponsored by Brinks?, Master Lock?....) and donated to the Reds general fund.

I'm here everyday during the week. I take weekends off.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

During the week I'm here most all day. I check in on the weekends, but I don't check more than once or twice a day.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Everytime Krono posts a can of soup is donated to a food shelter.
    Must be Red Leader's plan to feed the world or bankrupt Campbell's.
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

They wheeled a 3x4 steel safe into the clubhouse Sunday morning to store the players' valuables. It took four guys to lift it off a dolly and onto a table.

Said pitcher Kent Mercker: "What's that, Junior Griffey's wallet?"

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

During the day, I'm checking a few times an hour. It's a horrible habit that drains me of productivity at work, but I'm addict. And yes, it leads to us having ridiculous conversations about meaninglessly minute details.... I applaud your efforts. Once a week, or maybe once a day would surely be sufficient to stay abreast of significant events.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

To the detriment of my productivity, I'm here pretty much every day during the week.

To the relief of my wife, I'm almost never around on weekends.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

I work from home so I have the flexibility to check in reguarlary during the course of the day, but it does down the ole productivity. Especially when there is a raging debate or breaking news. On days where I must complete X number of tasks at the office I will turn my personal computer off so I don't even see RZ.

I'll usually check in a few times durring the weekend but it depends on what me and Mrs Ltlabner have going on.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

On days I am off, like today, I check in like 10 times a day for like 5 minutes a time or so....days I work, twice a day.

constant refresh :O

Once per day is sufficient for non-junkies.
    VBR IS LIVING IN CINCINNATI...I FEEL GOOD!

What I do in my own time is my business.....oh wait, I mis-understood the question, oh never mind.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeybro View Post
    Must be Red Leader's plan to feed the world or bankrupt Campbell's.
    Lol.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I check in most every day, but don't post as often as I used to because by the time I get home most days I'm too worn out to do much other than read the latest.

Turn Off Ads?