Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The BCS National Championship Game

The BCS National Championship Game

Matchup: OSU vs. TBD
    Date: Jan 8, 2007

I thought we needed a thread to just discuss the game like we have had for most OSU games this year. There are threads on a rematch and the BCS system in general but no thread to discuss the game itself and I thought steering one of those threads away to discussing the game wouldn't be fair to the original poster.

I'd imagine there isn't a whole lot to talk about until we know our opponent in a couple weeks, so let's start it off with these questions:

Is anyone planning on making the trip to cheer on the Buckeyes?
    Has anyone been to one of the National Championships in the past and have a story to share?

I'm personally planning on trying to get to the game however possible. Tickets are the killer going for over $1,000 each on Ebay so I'm holding out hope for the raffle for OSU students next week to get them for face. I also have a couple friends with ties to the program that I'm hoping will maybe remember me when giving out their free tickets (not too likely). The plane tickets are also out of this world (over $500 each from Columbus) so I'm looking at maybe driving up to Chicago with friends to save almost $250 per ticket and then just splitting gas costs.

I worked in Phoenix this past summer so I have friends to stay with out there and a lot of people to see, I'm just hoping to make it to the game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The BCS National Championship Game

jmcclain19 lives out there - I doubt he is going cause he is whipped, errrr, I mean married now.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    jmcclain19 lives out there - I doubt he is going cause he is whipped, errrr, I mean married now.
    Plus he's got that not-liking-the-Buckeyes issue. After seeing them come to Tempe for 4 out of their last 5 bowl games, you'd think he'd come around.

I'm still hoping that the Alamo Bowl will get added to the BCS bowl rotation myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I'm still hoping that the Alamo Bowl will get added to the BCS bowl rotation myself.
    The same day, San Antonio will announce getting a NFL team.

Pigs will fly.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

got alil captain in u?

saw package on the net today 2,459 for 2 nights hotel airfare and ticket to the game

Good news, I'll at least be in Glendale for the weekend and day of the game. Just booked plane tickets out of Indianapolis for only $360 all told. Still on the high side but much better than the over $500 costs in Columbus and over $400 in Dayton.

Also ready to enter the lottery for students next Monday so I'll find out if I won on Tuesday. If not it's looking like the Ebay route for game tickets.

I was looking for a thread to talk about Tuesday's game and I didn't see anything so I brought this old thread back up.

Predictions?

Keys to the Game?

I obviously have to pick the Buckeyes, 31-24 is my guess, but I think it will be a very close game. I think the key will be how the Buckeye defense can respond after the Michigan game.

I'm leaving Saturday for the game...absolutely cannot wait. I'm just hoping for a game as good as Michigan or the 02 National Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    I was looking for a thread to talk about Tuesday's game and I didn't see anything so I brought this old thread back up.

Predictions?

Keys to the Game?

I obviously have to pick the Buckeyes, 31-24 is my guess, but I think it will be a very close game. I think the key will be how the Buckeye defense can respond after the Michigan game.

I'm leaving Saturday for the game...absolutely cannot wait. I'm just hoping for a game as good as Michigan or the 02 National Championship.
    Enjoy! I would love to go to a big game like this some day. Maybe someday...
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I think people are really over looking Florida. There speed on defensive has not been seen by OSU. I'll admit I'm rooting for Florida, they are from the SEC, and I would like to see a conference team win the national championship, especially since Auburn got screwed a couple of years ago.

Can you name the only 3 teams in America that have played 3 BCS bowl teams each this year?
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Plus he's got that not-liking-the-Buckeyes issue. After seeing them come to Tempe for 4 out of their last 5 bowl games, you'd think he'd come around.

The best games are when Ohio State & Notre Dame play. That's like a double whammy.

Notre Dame fans are a whole something else kinda short bus special. Exhibit A - Puffy.

On a serious note - a friend of mine I work with has a pair for sale, but it's with a caveat. His wife died the day after christmas from cancer complications, so he's auctioning them off for big money - whatever he can get, to pay for med bills. 1st row Upper Deck on the 10 yard line - North side of the field. Anyone who is interested let me know, poor guy need all the help he can get.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    I think people are really over looking Florida. There speed on defensive has not been seen by OSU. I'll admit I'm rooting for Florida, they are from the SEC, and I would like to see a conference team win the national championship, especially since Auburn got screwed a couple of years ago.

Can you name the only 3 teams in America that have played 3 BCS bowl teams each this year?
    Ohio State O has some speed, sort of like the fastest guy in college football. I remember someone saying before the UM game that OSU had not seen the likes of the UM D, and we know how that turned out.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Arkansas (Florida/USC/LSU)
    LSU (Florida/Arkansas/Notre Dame)
    Stumped on the 3rd one

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    Arkansas (Florida/USC/LSU)
    LSU (Florida/Arkansas/Notre Dame)
    Stumped on the 3rd one
    I'm thinking Michigan:

- Notre Dame
    - OSU
    - USC

And the third one is......Kentucky. (LSU, Florida, Louisville.) Michigan does not count, I meant regular season.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

And the third one is......Kentucky. (LSU, Florida, Louisville.) Michigan does not count, I meant regular season.
    Ahhhh, makes sense considering that would include OSU too. That is a pretty good trivia question though, most people wouldn't think of Kentucky.

Turn Off Ads?