Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Are you famous? Check all that apply.

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Have you ever signed an autograph for someone (a fan who thought your's might be worth keeping)?

23 29.87%
  • Have you ever been published?

39 50.65%
  • Does your name (actually you) come up on the first 50 results of a Google search?

48 62.34%
  • Have you ever been featured in a national magazine?

13 16.88%
  • Have you ever been featured in a local newspaper?

59 76.62%
  • Have you ever been on TV (because of your talent)?

30 38.96%
  • Have you ever played any sport professionally (as in, you were good enough to get paid for it)?

6 7.79%
  • Have you ever spoken in front of a crowd of 1,000 or more?

30 38.96%
  • Would you be known for something notrious (i.e. a major crime, a stupid stunt, etc.)?

5 6.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the most famous RedsZoner?

Who is the most famous RedsZoner?

Anybody that visits this forum famous? Somewhat famous? Okay, is anyone that visits this forum known (recognized) by more than 500 people?

Click all that apply, we'll see how famous we are as a group.

Also, post why you think you might qualify for the "most famous" (even if that means not really famous at all) RedsZoner.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Re: Who is the most famous RedsZoner?

I once deliverd a taco pizza to Tommy Smothers, does that count?
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    I once deliverd a taco pizza to Tommy Smothers, does that count?
    Dang! I should have thought to include that in the poll.

I just did a google search for my name and found someone else out there with my exact name. My name isn't very common at all so to see someone else out there with it is kinda freaky.

But in general, except in the vast empire in my brain, I am not famous.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

1- My livejournal account comes up as the first search. My full name is odd.
    2- Sports
    3- spoke at college commencement because of role at University.

Nothing famous by any stretch though.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Nothing famous by any stretch though.
    That may be true, but we're looking for the most famous 'zoner. I doubt if any of us are truly "famous."

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I fit 4 of them and I played semi-pro football but didn't get paid.

Autographs can be had through the mail for a small fee.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Wheelhouse is an actor and was on at least one episode of Law and Order as a character who killed a woman named Boone. I don't think he really had to get too much into character for that role. Wally Post is a professional drummer and has played with Joan Osbourne among others. M2 and WOY got an article about the Reds published in Baseball Prospectus about 3-4 years ago. Marc Lancaster is a RedsZoner.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Wheelhouse is an actor and was on at least one episode of Law and Order as a character who killed a woman named Boone.
    Really...wow. I wonder if Sam Waterson is as cool in person as he appears in his role as John J. McCoy?
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

I've slipped to number 24 when I google my name! This calls for action; I used to be on the first page.

I won a NKOTB look-alike and dance-alike contest in 1990. (Jon Knight, mullet and all.) I signed autographs for about a hundred 12 year olds after the contest.

I had a short story published in a Lawrence, KS humor journal back in college (I forgot to mark that).

There was a blurb about my web site (www.spitter.com) in an issue of ESPN: The Magazine back in 2000. Griffey was on the cover; I have a framed copy on my wall.

I was on a "Quiz Bowl" show back in junior high. My team (me and three kids who were at least two years younger than me) took second.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I was on a "Quiz Bowl" show back in junior high. My team (me and three kids who were at least two years younger than me) took second.

That's where my TV appearance came in as well. I was on "High-Q", a local high school quiz show, when I was a high school senior.

I've had a short story published, and maybe a couple of other things. I also used to (very briefly) be a local sportswriter, so the newspaper thing's automatic.

I'm one of those people who technically fits a few of these but no one outside of my house would know who I am. Sad to see I've slipped off the first pages of the Google search though.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

I had 15 minutes of internet fame thanks to my college a cappella group's video of a gag-song (nintendo redefined) hitting the hot viral sites like college humor. We also sang in front of 2500+ people a few times, but that's the extent of my fame.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I prefer to live in the shadows.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Turn Off Ads?