Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jake Peavy arrested

Jake Peavy arrested

*yawn*

Call me when someone commits a real crime.

MOBILE, Ala. -- San Diego Padres pitcher Jake Peavy was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct Thursday at Mobile Regional Airport.

The 25-year-old Mobile native was taken to the Mobile County Metro Jail shortly before 7 a.m. and was released on a $350 bond, according to the jail log.

Airport Police Chief James Kincaid would not say what led to Peavy's arrest, but he told the Press-Register newspaper that "a situation presented itself and the officers involved felt like they had a situation to deal with."

Padres general manager Kevin Towers told The Associated Press he was told that Peavy was headed for a goodwill tour of the Dominican Republic with other major league players when he double-parked to drop off his bags and was told by airport police to move his car.

"The airport police told him he couldn't park his car there and he said, 'Write me up a ticket and I'll pay for it,'" Towers said. "He was arrested."

A message left on Peavy's cell phone wasn't immediately returned. Peavy's agent, Barry Axelrod, didn't respond to an e-mail and a call to his cell phone.

Kincaid said the incident occurred around 5:20 a.m. just outside the terminal building.

Peavy has a career record of 57-45, all with the Padres. He was 11-14 with a 4.09 ERA last season.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2720716
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jake Peavy arrested

The Padres should part ways with a trouble maker like that. Trade him to...oh...I don't know...I guess the Reds will take him for Bubba Crosby.

Definitely a troublemaker. A bad seed. The Pads would be wise to dump him.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

If he were a Bengal, he would have been tased.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    If he were a Bengal, he would have been tased.
    Well, if he were a Bengal, he would've been armed.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Well, if he were a Bengal, he would've been armed.
    and be .15 over the legal limit.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Wow...what a felon. I'm sure the airport authority is assembling a taskforce right now to investigate this crime spree.

Did he get the parking ticket? Did he get his car towed? But the DC, based on this information, dismissed.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

When did Peavy convert to Islam?

After they arrested him, they did a full cavity search on a 80 year old lady, because she put her tissue in her bra. Don't you love rent-a-cops?
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

In the meantime, his double-parked car probably sat there and blocked traffic 2 or 3x as long as it would have if they had just written him a ticket and sent him on his way. Maybe there's a quota on arrests at the Mobile airport?
    /r/reds

part of BBN

Wasnt Peavy rumoured to be traded to atl earlier in this offseason?
    If it was in fact him.....any one heard if SD still willing to talk deal if right one came along ?

"The airport police told him he couldn't park his car there and he said, 'Write me up a ticket and I'll pay for it,'" Towers said. "He was arrested."
    Assuming this is a 100% accurate description of what took place, it sounds like Mr. Airport Police Officer got his nose out of joint for being spoken to in such a way and decided to show Mr. Peavy who was really in charge.

That's sooooo impressive.

Turn Off Ads?