Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is RedsZone's #8 prospect?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jared Burton

0 0%
  • Jon Coutlangus

0 0%
  • Chris Dickerson

0 0%
  • Danny Dorn

0 0%
  • Phil Dumatrait

1 0.95%
  • Carlos Fisher

1 0.95%
  • Richie Gardner

0 0%
  • Jerry Gil

0 0%
  • Carlos Guevara

1 0.95%
  • Josh Hamilton

21 20.00%
  • Norris Hopper

0 0%
  • Paul Janish

3 2.86%
  • Sam LeCure

36 34.29%
  • Bobby Livingston

0 0%
  • Milton Loo

18 17.14%
  • Derek Lutz

0 0%
  • Calvin Medlock

2 1.90%
  • Wirfin Obispo

1 0.95%
  • Logan Parker

0 0%
  • Tyler Pelland

3 2.86%
  • Josh Ravin

2 1.90%
  • Adam Rosales

0 0%
  • Brad Salmon

2 1.90%
  • David Shafer

4 3.81%
  • Cody Strait

1 0.95%
  • B.J. Szymanski

1 0.95%
  • Craig Tatum

0 0%
  • Daryl Thompson

1 0.95%
  • Justin Turner

1 0.95%
  • Sean Watson

6 5.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Is RedsZones's #8 Prospect?

Who Is RedsZones's #8 Prospect?

1. Homer Bailey
    2. Jay Bruce
    3. Joey Votto
    4. Johnny Cueto
    5. Travis Wood
    6. Drew Stubbs
    7. Chris Valaika
    Last edited by chicoruiz; 01-06-2007 at 03:47 PM.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who Is RedsZones's #8 Prospect?

I went with Milton Loo, lots of upside with him....took him over Lecure, but barely.

I went with Lecure.... Dont know if i consider Hamilton a prospect so i probably wont vote for him at all. But i cant wait to see #9 and #10 prospects.....it should be very interesting.

We have an awsome 1-3 prospects but I dont think 4-7 are as terrible as people are saying. I think our problem is depth after the top 10.

I went with Hamilton. Impossible to evaluate whether he has or can overcome personal issues. But at this point, I couldn't find another prospect about whom I feel comfortable as a top ten guy.

Loo has absolutely no track record in pro ball so I have a little problem going for him just yet.

I voted for LeCure, but the vast range of prospects I could vote for at this point is growing wide as I took a hard look at Milton Loo and David Shafer. As of right now, I'll most likely round out my top 10 with both Loo and Shafer.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

I voted for Tyler Pelland - he has a major league arm that can hit the mid-90s. He showed promise as a starter this year, but didn't totally convince me. But I do believe this year will be the one where the Reds decide if his development is as a reliever or as a starter. I like Lecure for the top 10, because of his polish, but he has hasn't hit AA yet. He is a good competitor, and he approaches pitching with a plan but his arm is average, not special, and his stuff was average at high A - not cause for optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaknb8k View Post
    I went with Lecure.... Dont know if i consider Hamilton a prospect so i probably wont vote for him at all. But i cant wait to see #9 and #10 prospects.....it should be very interesting.

We have an awsome 1-3 prospects but I dont think 4-7 are as terrible as people are saying. I think our problem is depth after the top 10.
    Look at this scenario:

Each year the Reds add a pitcher to the major league club.
    This pitcher is the #5 starter or middle relief.
    He develops into a #3 or better starter or a set up guy/closer.

Each year the Reds start one rookie who hits 7th.
    He develops into an every day major league player who then moves up in the batting order.

Once every 3 years one of these players develops into a guy who makes multiple all star teams in his career.

This would be an AWESOME minor league system and yet produce only 2 players a year.

I think having a handful of quality minor league players beats an army of generic 'prospects'.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

I think LeCure's ceiling is as a fourth starter. For Hamilton, I think having only 361 at-bats since the beginning of 2001 will be too much to overcome. I don't think Pelland will ever put it together. I think Milton Loo has the total package.

I voted for Lecure. I like it that there are several prospects that are all worthy.

Pelland -- good arm, lefthanded, survived as a starter at 22/23 in AA. Should be able to help out of the pen at least.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Going Shafer again. Not the highest ceiling, but the rest of the guys are just too far off to project above a guy who was dominant in AA.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Going Shafer again. Not the highest ceiling, but the rest of the guys are just too far off to project above a guy who was dominant in AA.
    I went Lecure because he is a starter but Shafer and Coutlangus will be my next two choices for the same reasons as yours. I also think the decent Middle Relievers have more chance to contribute in a key role than a position player who may end up as nothing more than a utility guy.

Lecure once again. I'm not a big Loo fan. He's got speed and great contact ability, but it sounds like he's got "Javon Moran" disease. Almost all of his OBP comes from hits and his power isn't all that great. You have to hit like crap to be an effective offensive player with a style like that. If he's able to bat .320 per year, great, but it's tough to call that when he's hardly had any professional experience.
    Last edited by Superdude; 01-07-2007 at 12:50 AM.

I've been taking Hamilton with the past couple of picks. He may wind up amounting to absolutely nothing, but his ceiling to me is higher than the rest of the list so I'll go with him. If I was taking a regular minor leaguer I'd go with LeCure right now.

I voted for Janish. He's getting better on offense and his defense is exceptional. I wish he were a little younger of course.

I think Loo will make a big jump in 2007. I wouldn't read too much into last year.
    Stop! Heisey time!

Turn Off Ads?