Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: What will happen in Glendale January 8th?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Florida wins a close one (6 pts. or less)

9 10.34%
  • Florida wins comfortably (7 pts. or more)

25 28.74%
  • Ohio State wins a close one

11 12.64%
  • Ohio State wins comfortably

36 41.38%
  • Buckeyes obliterate Gators (would have rather seen an OSU/Michigan rematch)

6 6.90%
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your prediction for the National Championship game?

Re: What's your prediction for the National Championship game?

Florida 38 OSU 17

2. Turn Off Ads?

27-17 Buckeyes. People complaining about Buckeye fans make me actually want to be pretty darn obnoxious (I am not typically FWIW).
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

OSU 42 Michigan 39, Oh wait, that already happened. After that game was played, it was hard for me to really get into this National Championship game. I feel that the Bucks win comfortably in this one.

On a side note, after seeing how handedly USC beat Michigan, I'm glad that the Bucks didn't have to face USC for the title. I hereby retract any negative stuff I've ever said about their football program and Pete Carroll as a coach.

THE Ohio State University 235

Losers (As long as they're not named "THE Ohio State University" they are losers) -1

31-24 Gators.

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    OSU 42 Michigan 39, Oh wait, that already happened. After that game was played, it was hard for me to really get into this National Championship game.
    You too? I thought that I was the only one.

After the Michigan game, coupled with the many days that have passed since then, this game seems just like an exhibition game or scrimmage to me, somehow a part of a different season.

Florida 27 OSU 20

The SEC confirms the fact that it is the best sports conference...

Springfield Fan gives me major rep points We have a bet.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Buckeyes, 34-24
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Only six people so far think the Gators will win. Here's my question: based on what? Not trying to be funny, I'd just like to hear your take on why you think Florida will win this game. Mostly, you're just giving the score...let's have some analysis.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    Only six people so far think the Gators will win. Here's my question: based on what? Not trying to be funny, I'd just like to hear your take on why you think Florida will win this game. Mostly, you're just giving the score...let's have some analysis.
    They're a talented group of kids with tons of team speed. They have an offense that is difficult to game against because it relies so much on misdirection and can burn you at any time with gadget plays. They play against some of the top defenses in the nation in the SEC, so you know they're ready to play against Ohio State.

On defense, they have speed at all positions at well. They should be adequately set to neutralize Ginn (because Ginn really does 2 things well -- WR screen and run the fly) and should be able to keep most of what happens in front of them. The question is if they can be physical between the trenches and if they can make the open-field tackles on the intermediate and short passing lanes.

This is a good Florida team. They don't just hand the SEC title out each year. Urban Meyer is a great coach. Plus, Florida is the underdog. They're playing with everything to prove. I expect them to come out ready to play and to take the game right to OSU.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

31-17 OSU

Why? Not because I'm an obnoxious Buckeye fan, but because Tressel is going to be throwing so many different defensive schemes (substitutions) at the Florida QB AND Florida's defense, as speedy and talented as it is, will wear down trying to cover OSU (Smith and receiving corp).

Gonzalez will have a solid game because they'll still be worried about guys like Ginn.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

OSU wins, 38-24

I'm not a fan of either team. But I thought from the beginning this year that OSU had the best talent, and I don't think there's a team in college football that can hang with them.

To the OSU fans...when OSU alums introduce themselves in those NFL lineups, why do they say "THE Ohio State University"? Is there another one?

38-14 Ohio State. I would have given Florida a FG, but since their kicker sucks, I just couldn't do it.

I expect the first quarter to be a "feel your opponent out" quarter. Both teams will take shots early, but neither will connect. End of 1st quarter 3-0 Ohio State.

2nd quarter both teams will start to have some success. I look for OSU to score twice in the 2nd quarter. One off of a pass and one off of a run. Florida will score on a trick play or blown coverage play. Halftime: OSU 17-7.

The third quarter is where things will start getting ugly. OSU will make half time adjustments and Florida will be left behind. 2 more TD's for Ohio State, one on their opening drive of the 2nd half. Florida will score late in the 3rd quarter to pull closer, but the game really won't be close the whole way.

Ohio State is the best team in the country this year. There is no doubt about that at all, and there will be no doubts about that during or after this game.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

38-17 OSU. Florida will hang with them for a while, but in the end they're too mistake prone, and the Buckeyes will eat that up.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Florida 27 OSU 20

The SEC confirms the fact that it is the best sports conference...

Springfield Fan gives me major rep points We have a bet.
    Your sure that you want to do that now?

Don't forget that Ohio State won't be using a one armed center in this game like they did against Michigan.

That Florida will actually have to earn the points that they get tonight.
    Will twelve be enough to win?
    This isn't Mickey, Mini and the seven dwarfs that they are playing tonight. :ughmamoru

http://users.frii.com/~nmetro/osu/media/battle_cry.mp3
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 01-08-2007 at 02:06 PM. Reason: too dumb to get it right the first time

Turn Off Ads?