Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which NL Central team do you dislike the most?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • St. Louis Cardinals

62 43.36%
  • Chicago Cubs

62 43.36%
  • Houston Astros

14 9.79%
  • Milwaukee Brewers

4 2.80%
  • Pittsburgh Pirates

1 0.70%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most hated division rival

Most hated division rival

Slow day, like most have been this offseason, so I figured a poll about despising the rest of the NL Central was in order.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Most hated division rival

Cubs. While I don't care for Tony LaRussa, I otherwise like the Cardinals. While I hate the Steelers, I don't hate Pittsburgh's baseball team. I don't hate the Astros. As for the Brewers, I hardly even give them a thought.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Cardinals. When we play the Cubs, I REALLY want us to win because I live in Chicago, but I have a passionate hate for the Cards.
    "The guy I think could be really good in center is Adam Dunn. If someone asked me if Dunn could be a center fielder for the next 10 years, if he started working on it, no one could explain to me why he couldn’t do it." - Brad Kullman

I hate the Cubs for several reasons. 1, they have obnoxious fans. 2, their obnoxious fans show up at my ballpark and almost outnumber my fellow Reds fans at times and it makes me want to fight people.

I don't know how to answer. I'm an old guy and I still operate out of the old two division scheme - the Dodgers are hated. I can't work up a froth about these guys in our division. It's still the Dodgers, it's the Braves. Even in the old scheme, the Phillies were hated, as were the Pirates, but they were because they'd be our rivals in the play-offis. The Pirates can't count that way anymore because neither of us is in the playoffs. I'll take option 6 - None Of The Above.

The Reds have been so bad do they even have a rival now? I still hate the Dodgers the most.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

I voted for the Cardinals. I have to admit that they are a successful organization, but I don't like the players or the personalities on the current team. Many players seem to carry themselves with a misplaced arrogance (only Pujols deserves to be that way).

The Astros. Their uniforms are stupid and they play in a ballpark with a roof and a choo-choo train. I don't like Phil Garner, I don't like a lot of their players, and I find them just generally irritating. Plus they always seem to lurk in mediocrity for a while and then muck things up at the end. This is long-standing, not just the last couple of years. I think a case could also be made for their fans being just as obnoxious as Cardinals or Cubs fans; they're just farther away geography-wise so we don't deal with them as much.

There's a lot to hate about the Cardinals, but I have a lot of respect for their current organization. By contrast, I loathe the Cubs organization, but they have a few saving graces: the ballpark, a handful of quiet, true-blue fans, and a colorful history that I love. The Brewers are charming and I'd be perfectly happy to see them do well when the Reds aren't contending. The Pirates are the Pirates.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I voted Astros as well, vaticanplum. Never could stand them.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I picked Cubs from the options, but I still have a lot of residual hate for those damned Dodgers. One of my good friends is a Dodger fan and we usually catch that series together every year. That helps keep me disliking them the most, but the Cubs are closing fast.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

I vote cubs first.
    I havent liked them since farnsworth kicked wilson's behind.
    Stros are a close second !

Old Red Guard Reject

Cardinals......the ugly trend they seem to keep going of no facial hair except a little crap under the bottom lip (Carpenter,Mulder and to an all new level, Spezio) is enough for me to hate them. Edmonds. Larussa. Belliard. Bo Hart. McGwire. Eckstein. All irritating.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Like many others the only other team I can honestly say I hate is the Dodgers. From this list I voted for the Cubs only because of their obnoxious fans.

I am starting to dislike the Cards, but frankly, mostly because they get so much man-love here. They are a fine orginization, a somewhat obnoxous but skilled coach and mostly quality yet unmemroable players. But the level of drooling of some here turns me off to them in a big way.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I'm a none of the above, too. I have lived closer to the Central Time Zone teams in the NL Central than I have to the Reds for as long as the NL Central has been in existence. In all that time, I haven't found fans of any of the other NL Central Teams to be unlikable.

IMO, none of the other division teams are ruining the game by wildly overspending like the coastal teams are.

I also grew up despising the Dodgers, so it's hard for me to get worked up over any of the Reds potential rivals in this division.

Maybe it's time for MLB to shuffle the deck and get the Reds out of this milquetoast division?
    /r/reds

Which team gave us Commissioner Bud Selig? Which team dropped us into a tie for the wild card in 1999? Which team fills its roster with third-rate dreck each year, forces me to watch them 18 times a season, and somehow manages to smack us around pretty good each year?

That's the team I like the least.
    Last edited by Redsland; 01-07-2007 at 09:50 PM.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?