1 2.44%
  • Jar Jar Binks

1 2.44%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Who were you?

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Star Wars: Who were you?

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    I was 16 when the first movie came out, so I don't think I ever really identified with wanting to be one of the characters. I'm old.
    Ditto. Never really got the fascination of the (now) thirty-somethings with the whole thing.

Dirty Harry or the Sundance Kid...I could have been.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

What no Chewbacca? My wife says that I should dress up as him one halloween. I wouldn't need the stilts.
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

They wheeled a 3x4 steel safe into the clubhouse Sunday morning to store the players' valuables. It took four guys to lift it off a dolly and onto a table.

Said pitcher Kent Mercker: "What's that, Junior Griffey's wallet?"

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Boba Fett
    Me too.
    Thank goodness for baseball.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Ditto. Never really got the fascination of the (now) thirty-somethings with the whole thing.

Dirty Harry or the Sundance Kid...I could have been.
    My Uncle really thought he was Dirty Harry. In those days you could order guns by mail. He bought a .44 Magnum with special handles and the whole nine yards. He had the big holster and often wore it when going out. I idolized him for many years! This is the same guy that taught me to throw knives at the age of 7. Shoot a snub nosed .38 at 8. I was kickin' butt with his modified .22's by the time I was 10. Awesome.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    Lone Starr or possibly Major ...

I voted for Luke Skywalker but I would have voted for Boba Fett or Darth Maul. Maul was one bad ...

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Boba Fett
    Nothing against you personally or the legions of fans B.F. seems to have garnered, but I never understood the fascination with him. Yes, he tracked the Millenium Falcon by dumping his ship out with the garbage. Aside from that, he: 1) quivered at Vader's knee on Cloud City; 2) stood around and did nothing in Jabba's palace; and 3) screamed like a girl when he was thrown into the Sarlaac pit. Big deal.

I think much of his appear comes from the urban legends about his action figure with the alleged kid-choking missile backpack.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/b...0/indexp3.html
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I always wanted to be Yoda. Super smart and could kick your butt but never had to.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I always wanted to be Yoda. Super smart and could kick your butt but never had to.
    My favorite Yoda scene is when he walks ino the Emperor's chamber and pushes his hand backward. The two guards at the door go flying and are knocked out. Now who here wouldn't want to be able to do that???
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

First, what about Porkins?

Second, how much imagination does it take to come up with the name "Porkins" for the fat X-Wing pilot?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I was never a huge fan but when I saw The Phantom Menace and saw Yoda fight near the end of the movie I was floored. A can of Whoop Ass Yoda opened. Very impressive it was.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Timing. Star Wars came out when I was nine. I can still recall seeing the trailer and thinking, "now that's what I've been waiting for". Up til then, we kids were packed off to watch crap like Escape from Witch Mountain or whatever lame Helen Hays/David Niven concoction Disney came up with twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    or whatever lame Helen Hays/David Niven concoction Disney came up with twice a year.
    Tell me about it, I worked at a theater that catered to that crowd.

Not lucky enough to get Star Wars, we however got The Black Hole and Buck Rodgers, for the Black Hole they removed the back three rows to install the Sense-Around.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I went to film school, I wanted to be George Lucas (the American Graffiti one though)
    What happened to that guy?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    What happened to that guy?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Tell me about it, I worked at a theater that catered to that crowd.

Not lucky enough to get Star Wars, we however got The Black Hole and Buck Rodgers, for the Black Hole they removed the back three rows to install the Sense-Around.
    I remember The Black Hole. My parents took me to see it. I recall thinkikng space was very dark and lonely place after that.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?