• Jabba the Hut

1 2.44%
  • Jar Jar Binks

1 2.44%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Who were you?

Re: Star Wars: Who were you?

Quote Originally Posted by minus5 View Post
    I liked the character of Luke but loved the way Darth and the stormtroopers looked. Bad guys always have such cooler costumes then the good guys!

my thoughts as well growing up.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bond. James Bond.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I didn't see Star Wars until I was like 35. I remember getting some Star Wars toys from an aunt and uncle for Christmas back then. I was so disappointed.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    No 3PO or R2? What about Wedge Antilles? Where is Admiral Ackbar??? How can you have a Star Wars poll without Admiral Ackbar???
    IT'S A TRAAAAAP!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    IT'S A TRAAAAAP!

I wish Ackbar was the Reds Asst. GM.

Wayne: Bowden wants Lopez and Kearns for Bray and Majewski. That will really help our bullpen. What do you think?

Ackbar: IT'S A TRAP!

Wayne: Okay then. I better say no.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    My Uncle really thought he was Dirty Harry. In those days you could order guns by mail. He bought a .44 Magnum with special handles and the whole nine yards. He had the big holster and often wore it when going out. I idolized him for many years! This is the same guy that taught me to throw knives at the age of 7. Shoot a snub nosed .38 at 8. I was kickin' butt with his modified .22's by the time I was 10. Awesome.
    Remind me never to anger you, TC.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Tom Hume upon being told to summon Rick White: "I've got a baaad feeling about this."

Johnny Almaraz: "Wayne Krivsky. I should have expected to find you holding Narron's leash. I noticed your foul stench when I was brought onboard."

Krivsky at the deadline: "A firesale? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances."

Hologram: "Help me, Barry Zito. You're my only hope."

"I'm Esteban Yan. I'm here to rescue you."

"Citizens Bank Park. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

"It was as if 42,000 voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

"But sir, nobody cares about upsetting a Brewer."

George Grande: "I don't know what you're talking about. I am a member of the Reds broadcast team on a road trip to St. Louis."
    RedsZone: "You are part of Cardinals Nation and a spy! Take him away!"

Chris Hammond: "Sorry about the mess."

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    Tom Hume upon being told to summon Rick White: "I've got a baaad feeling about this."

Johnny Almaraz: "Wayne Krivsky. I should have expected to find you holding Narron's leash. I noticed your foul stench when I was brought onboard."

Krivsky at the deadline: "A firesale? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances."

Hologram: "Help me, Barry Zito. You're my only hope."

"Citizens Bank Park. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

"It was as if 42,000 voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

"But sir, nobody cares about upsetting a Brewer."

George Grande: "I don't know what you're talking about. I am a member of the Reds broadcast team on a road trip to St. Louis."
    RedsZone: "You are part of Cardinals Nation and a spy! Take him away!"

Chris Hammond: "Sorry about the mess."

Brilliant!!

I see Marty as the Emperor in there somewhere.

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I never understood the fascination with him. Yes, he tracked the Millenium Falcon by dumping his ship out with the garbage. Aside from that, he: 1) quivered at Vader's knee on Cloud City; 2) stood around and did nothing in Jabba's palace; and 3) screamed like a girl when he was thrown into the Sarlaac pit. Big deal.[/url]
    Easy to say, now. But there was a lot of time in-between those 2nd and 3rd films, during which Fett was a mysterious and potent adversary

And no one messes with a guy who names his stealthy ship "Slave 1"
    Last edited by gm; 01-11-2007 at 07:05 PM.
    Never overlook the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Easy to say, now. But there was a lot of time in-between those 2nd and 3rd films, during which Fett was a mysterious and potent adversary
    Not unlike the Continuum Transfunctioner.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I remember The Black Hole. My parents took me to see it. I recall thinkikng space was very dark and lonely place after that.
    My Mom bought me some "Black Hole" action figures once. I want to say there was one for Ernest Borgnine- Harry Booth?- anyhow, I would combine him with my Star Wars dolls and poor Harry used to get killed every time. I even think I froze him in a cup of carbon freeze (tap water) in our freezer a million times.

He didn't have cool clothes, he had no gun, he couldn't fly a ship and he was only .99.

He deserved it.

For awhile we nicknamed the dog "Salacious Crumb"

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I would combine him with my Star Wars dolls and poor Harry used to get killed every time.
    Kind of like that guest actor/new character in the Star Trek episodes. You knew they were "short-timers"

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I see Marty as the Emperor in there somewhere.
    After Dunn strikes out: "Excellent. Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen it."

To Homer Bailey: "We shall watch your career with great interest."

"The son of Showater must not become a manager."

"There is a great disturbance in the league. We have a new enemy: Jim Bowden."

"This is my apprentice, Steve Stewart. He will find your lost golf ball."

"Your arrogence blinds you, Banana Phone caller. Now you shall feel my wrath!"

"Oh no, my young caller. You will find it is you who is mistaken. About a great many things."

"Welcome, young Brennamen. I've been expecting you."

Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?