Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Monopolizing of MLB's Extra Innings Package

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: The Monopolizing of MLB's Extra Innings Package

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    All but the most recent three posts are from 6 years ago....
    Oh dear god. I didn't even notice. LOL.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Subscribed today for $56.99 thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Subscribed today for $56.99 thanks
    That's a really good deal. ANyone that is considering purchasing this should do it. I got it last year for the last month of the season for $10. I kept it this year and haven't regretted a moment to this point.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I had a different experience though. After the season ended (2 years ago) I cancelled my mlb audio account. Went through, no muss, no fuss.
    I also twice had no problems cancelling. Smooth as could be.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

If you want to sign up for MLB.tv without auto renewal, purchase it through the mlb.com shop instead of directly through mlb.tv. Works like a charm and you only have to wait a little while to activate.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    All but the most recent three posts are from 6 years ago....
    Ha! I didn't realize it was a zombie thread either. Leave it to Doug to pay attention and call out the fine details.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

I read that first post without noticing the date and was thinking, BUNK! Alan Specter isn't a Senator anymore and he died a few years ago.

Oops!

The whole thing p's me off to no end. I live in Atlanta. I'm a Reds fan. I only want to watch my team.

So why can't I do that? Well right now the EIP is out of my price range due to my employment situation. Or lack of to put it more precisely. But as soon as I have a job, I'd buy the package.

But why? No HD games. They promise it every year, and I get none. Maybe a few this year, as I see they finally designated one channel to an HD game a day.

Now this?

It's no different than having hundreds of channels when I only watch about 15 total. I want to choose my programming. End of story. It's a total waste of space. Give me my 15 channels and my Reds games and the rest of TV can go away.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    The whole thing p's me off to no end. I live in Atlanta. I'm a Reds fan. I only want to watch my team.

So why can't I do that? Well right now the EIP is out of my price range due to my employment situation. Or lack of to put it more precisely. But as soon as I have a job, I'd buy the package.

But why? No HD games. They promise it every year, and I get none. Maybe a few this year, as I see they finally designated one channel to an HD game a day.

Now this?

It's no different than having hundreds of channels when I only watch about 15 total. I want to choose my programming. End of story. It's a total waste of space. Give me my 15 channels and my Reds games and the rest of TV can go away.
    You can't get games in HD? Everyone else seems to be able to.

I get annoyed that I can't buy mlb tv and watch games in Cincy. I don't want cable or satellite, I am just fine without them.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    I get annoyed that I can't buy mlb tv and watch games in Cincy. I don't want cable or satellite, I am just fine without them.
    You can watch games in Cincy. You just cannot watch the Reds.

This sort of applies here, and not sure if this has been posted...John McCain introduced a bill to the Senate that would prevent mandatory bundling and, more importantly for Cincinnati fans, prevent blackouts from publicly funded stadiums.

http://deadspin.com/john-mccain-intr...v-bl-498949395

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I had a different experience though. After the season ended (2 years ago) I cancelled my mlb audio account. Went through, no muss, no fuss.
    I've never had them auto renew me either ---
    odd
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    You can watch games in Cincy. You just cannot watch the Reds.
    Exactly, which is anti capitalism. The product offered by cable and direct tv is not good so I won't pay for it but can't get the good product because the league has deals worked out to black out the games. That or I can spend extra money to hide my ip and say it is in Canada....
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

It's actually ironic this thread got bumped. There's new legislation proposed in congress aimed at the broadcasting industry that would force cable operators to offer a la carte programming to those who want it. Of course, that would drive up the price of each channel if sold separately.

But relevant to this topic, the bill reportedly includes language that would put an end to sports blackout restrictions entirely.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

17. Likes:

dougdirt (05-10-2013)

Turn Off Ads?