Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How Do You...

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

How Do You...

Copy and paste a quote with th eoriginal poster's name in it and a tag to the original post?

If I just hit the quote button, it doesn't drag all that info, I just get the text.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How Do You...

When I hit the quote button, that information is included in the first quote tag.

"QUOTE=Dom Heffner;1224175]Copy and paste a quote with th eoriginal poster's name in it and a tag to the original post?

If I just hit the quote button, it doesn't drag all that info, I just get the text.[/QUOTE"
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I still can't make it work. I feel like I'm 109.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I still can't make it work. I feel like I'm 109.
    I'm not sure how to do it either.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    I'm not sure how to do it either.
    Your quote has both the author and redirect on my end. So you are doing it right.

Maybe it's a browser issue?
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

There are two options. One is to choose "Quote" on the message and that should automatically do it. Second, on the reply form (whether on the Quick Reply or on the Advanced option (Go Advanced), there is a Square talk baloon (like in the comic books, but it's square).

For instance, I'm typing this and when I'm done, I'll highlight it and then choose the Square Baloon above and it adds the quote function. When I put my cursor over it, it says "Wrap (Quote) tags around selected text"

Turn Off Ads?