Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skyline Chili Nutritional Information

Re: Skyline Chili Nutritional Information

I was just thinking today and wondering how bad what I was currently eating at the bar of the Skyline on 6th St. I was chowing down on a 5 way and had myself actually convinced that I was doing my body a favor by eating this.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Please don't tell my customers who buy it from me online.

By the way, I looked on Skyline's site and the info you posted is based on the Large size, not the regular. It's still not pretty, but it is less. And many times, when I get a 3 way, I'm getting a small, which is a much more manageable 360 calories/25 grams. Lately though, I've been getting a bowl of Chili Bean and that's just 270 calories/12 grams Fat. The info is at

http://skylinechili.com/downloads/SkylineNutrition.pdf

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

There's no better way to spend 1000 calories.
    Stick to your guns.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Dom,

I worked at Skyline for a few years. Want to know the secret?

The chili is actually healthy for you, yes I said healthy. The cheese that everyone loves is what makes it so bad. Ask for the cheese on the side, or light cheese and you are doing yourself a huge favor.

Oh, and if you think those numbers are grotesque, I have news for you. They are based on standard portions dictated by corporate, many stores actually give larger portions with much more cheese to reel in customers. What I am saying is what you have been eating may be much, much worse.
    Thanks for the info, Doog. I don't know if I would call the chili "healthy." I think I would file it under "not as bad as you think."

I knew I posted the large size, which is what I normally get.

I ate there tonight and had 3 cheese coneys.

It's weird to be in Tampa and see all the Cincy stuff on the wall. Makes me homesick.

WAGS

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2 View Post
    case and point

Just get a diet soda and it's ok
    Go Gators!

Friends, please stop this.
    Keep the cheese on top of the chili. Go to Bridgetown or Clifton, where the portions are grotesquely large and the cheese is deep as a Denver snowdrift.

All movements start small; Bolshevism, Fascism,...Disco. Let's nip this in the bud right now before we can't reel it in. Okay?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

All movements start small; Bolshevism, Fascism,...Disco. Let's nip this in the bud right now before we can't reel it in. Okay?
    I'm about the guilt. It's how I keep myself in shape. After a good long while on the treadmill last night, my conscience feels great.

But 1000 calories? What's a Big Mac, 600?

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Friends, please stop this.
    Keep the cheese on top of the chili. Go to Bridgetown or Clifton, where the portions are grotesquely large and the cheese is deep as a Denver snowdrift.

Funny you say this, because I can always tell whether it's a franchise store or a company store by the service and the portions. The franchises (e.g. Bridgetown, Clifton, Kenwood) always have faster service and larger portions. The company stores scrimp and never have enough help.

I cut my teeth with the franchise owner at Kenwood. I remember when the location was in Silverton at the corner of Montgomery Road and Plainfield Pike (that'll take you back right there) and it was one counter long.

We're so ingrained at that store in Kenwood that George sent over some cheese coneys to my next younger brother's wedding reception and we turned up there the evening after my next older brother's funeral to have some coneys in him honor. Even though I don't get out there often, I can still walk in and the old-timers and the owner still remember me by name and ask about all of my family. My wife's first Skyline experience was there too, a late night event with me and my buddy ("you're going to dinner at 11:00 o'clock at night" she asked - "no, we're going to Skyline") - we even ran in to one of my 70 1st cousins while we were there. Now that's history.

BTW, I enjoyed my bowl of chili bean and a cheese coney for lunch today at Clifton (where I once came in and the waitress said, "your son was in a little bit ago"). I swear I should buy stock in that company.

And I stock the stuff to ship it!

I remember when the location was in Silverton at the corner of Montgomery Road and Plainfield Pike (that'll take you back right there) and it was one counter long.
    That was a great one, as was the one in Milford next to the cleaners.

For a Level Playing Field

Thanks to Dom... I had a regular 4-way and one cheese coney for lunch today. Tasty!

Turn Off Ads?