Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winter Caravan

Winter Caravan

I know the dates and locations are out, but do we know who will be appearing at each location? I haven't heard anything, didn't know if I missed it or if the info hasn't been released yet.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Winter Caravan

Where are the dates and locations posted? I looked all over the Reds website on MLB.com a couple days ago for it and didn't see it. I hope they come to the Louisville Slugger museum again. It would be nice to know what player's are involved.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    Where are the dates and locations posted? I looked all over the Reds website on MLB.com a couple days ago for it and didn't see it. I hope they come to the Louisville Slugger museum again. It would be nice to know what player's are involved.
    I dont have the exact dates but I think it is around the 28th.
    As far as who....dont know but remember last year....I recall Josh Hancock , Luke Hudson and Dave Williams to name a few.

The dates were listed at RedsFest but i dont remember any of them except that they are coming to Charleston, WV but im not sure when.

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    I thought I saw it posted online, but now I can't find it. They did have it at Redsfest too, maybe that's the only place I saw it. I guess they haven't released information about it yet, must still be too early.

My AM in Cynthiana is hosting the caravan on 1/26 from 11-1. Guests are: Marty, Wayne, John Allen, Brandon Phillips and the Minor League Player of the Year (to be announced 1/24).

In the past years have they had a southern and northern leg of the winter caravan? And if they have do the same people for the most part stay on that leg of the tour. I hope its true cause i would love to meet Phillips and Krivsky.

In searching the Reds sight, they announced the Caravan dates around now in 2005, but much later in the month last year (perhaps due to the ownership change). I would think the dates will be forthcoming shortly.

Here is some more info on this years caravan. This includes hours and radio stations covering the caravan.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...aravan2007.jsp

The 2007 CINCINNATI REDS WINTER CARAVAN will make 26 stops in 21 cities
    in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana!
    NORTHERN LEG | SOUTHERN LEG | LOCAL RADIO INFO

The 2007 Reds Winter Caravan, sponsored by Cincinnati USA Regional Tourism Network, is scheduled to make 26 stops in 21 cities and towns in four states covering four days and 1,300 miles. The caravan kicks off Thursday, January 25 and will include 13 fan stops that will be open to the public, 12 Hot Stove stops at Reds on Radio affiliates, a field renovation dedication in Louisville and a visit to Shriners Hospital for Children in Lexington.

The 2007 tour will consist of two separate caravans touring simultaneously. The 13 stops open to the public will be free, and at each stop the Reds will raffle off 2 tickets to the 2007 Opening Day game against the Chicago Cubs.

Already scheduled to appear in stops on the Northern Leg are manager Jerry Narron, pitcher Todd Coffey, outfielder Chris Dickerson, new Reds broadcaster Thom Brennaman and senior vice president of business operations Phil Castellini. The Southern Leg group includes general manager Wayne Krivsky, executive vice president and chief operating officer John Allen, Hall of Fame broadcaster Marty Brennaman, infielder Brandon Phillips and the organization’s Minor League Player of the Year, which will be announced at the LaSalle High School Stag on January 24.

NORTHERN LEG FAN STOPS (free and open to the public)
    DATE LOCATION TIME
    Thursday, January 25 Columbus (OH), Flannagan's Dublin 7:00 to 9:00
    Friday, January 26 Marion (OH), BW3s 10:00 to 11:00
    Findlay (OH), Fricker's Noon to 2:00
    Lima (OH), Lima Mall 6:00 to 8:00
    Saturday, January 27 Muncie (IN), Damon's 3:30 to 5:30
    Indianapolis (IN), location TBA 7:00 to 9:00
    Sunday, January 28 Dayton (OH), Fricker's in West Carrollton Noon to 2:00 p.m.

SOUTHERN LEG FAN STOPS (free and open to the public)
    DATE LOCATION TIME
    Thursday, January 25 Louisville (KY), Shawnee Park field renovation ceremony 5:00 to 5:30
    Louisville (KY), Louisville Slugger Museum 7:00 to 9:00
    Friday, January 26 Cynthiana (KY), Cynthiana Country Club 11:00 to 1:00
    Lexington (KY), Shriners Hospital for Children 2:00 to 3:00
    Lexington (KY), Beaumont Centre Family YMCA 5:00 to 7:00
    Saturday, January 27 South Point (OH), Big Sandy Superstore 2:00 to 3:00
    Huntington (WV), Huntington Mall 4:00 to 6:00
    Sunday, January 28 Ashland (KY), Ashland Town Center Noon to 2:00 p.m.

LISTEN TO THE REDS WINTER CARAVAN LIVE ON LOCAL RADIO
    DATE LEG, LOCATION, STATION TIME
    Thursday, January 25 Southern, Batesville (IN), WRBI Radio, 103.9 FM 11:00 to noon
    Northern, Hillsboro (OH), WSRW Radio, 1590 AM 11:30 to 12:30
    Southern, Madison (IN), WXGO Radio, 1270 AM 1:30 to 2:30
    Northern, Chillicothe (OH), WBEX Radio, 1490 AM 2:00 to 3:00
    Southern, Louisville (KY), WKRD Radio, Extra Sports 790 AM 3:30 to 4:30
    Northern, Washington Court House (OH), WCHO Radio, 1250 AM 4:00 to 5:00
    Friday, January 26 Northern, Marion (OH), WMRN Radio, 106.9 FM 10:00 to 11:00
    Southern, Cynthiana (KY), WCYN Radio, 1400 AM 11:00 to 1:00
    Northern, Findlay (OH), WBVI Radio, 96.7 FM Noon to 2:00
    Southern, Lexington (KY), WLAP Radio, 1580 AM 3:15 to 4:30
    Northern, Lima (OH), WIMA Radio, 1150 AM 4:00 to 5:00
    Southern, Lexington (KY), WBUL Radio, 98.1 FM 5:00 to 7:00
    Saturday, January 27 Northern, Celina (OH), WKKI Radio, 94.3 FM 11:00 to Noon
    Southern, Grayson (KY), WUGO Radio, 102.3 FM Noon to 1:00
    Northern, Portland (IN), WPGW Radio, 1440 AM/100.9 FM 1:30 to 2:30
    Southern, South Point (OH), WVHU 800/WIRO 1230/WZZW 1600/WTCR 103.3 FM 2:00 to 3:00
    Northern, Muncie (IN), 1340 ESPN Radio, 1340 AM 3:30 to 5:30
    Southern, Huntington (WV), WVHU 800/WIRO 1230/WZZW 1600/WKEE 100 FM 4:00 to 6:00
    Sunday, January 28 Northern, Dayton (OH), WONE Radio, 980 AM Noon to 2:00
    Southern, Ashland (KY), WVHU 800/WIRO 1230/WZZW 1600/WKEE 100 FM Noon to 2:00

Look like ill be making my way to Huntington....Im excited about it....Is there any question who the minor league player of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaknb8k View Post
    Look like ill be making my way to Huntington....Im excited about it....Is there any question who the minor league player of the year?
    It will be a circus if Homer is there.

I'm toolsy.

Can someone who has been to this before let me know what goes on there? Is it worth going to? I might attend the Louisville SLugger one.

Sweet. I live about 3 miles from the Indy location.

I've also never been to one before so I will definitely check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Sweet. I live about 3 miles from the Indy location.

I've also never been to one before so I will definitely check this out.
    Justincredible, I live in Fishers also. Where is the address of the Indy location? I couldn't find it anywhere. I would also like to check this out for the first time.

Turn Off Ads?