Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Based on the HOF voting, who's the best player?

Based on the HOF voting, who's the best player?

Davey Concepcion got 74 votes. Dave Parker got 62. I still think that Parker was the superior player.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Based on the HOF voting, who's the best player?

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    Davey Concepcion got 74 votes. Dave Parker got 62. I still think that Parker was the superior player.
    If you look also Concepcion received one more vote than Alan Trammell. I'm a big Davey fan but Trammell to me is more deserving.
    Last edited by George Anderson; 01-09-2007 at 03:43 PM.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

I'm sorry but they have got to change the voting. The writers look like bigger morons every year.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I'm sorry but they have got to change the voting. The writers look like bigger morons every year.
    I agree. I looked at the bottom of the list and it really gets under my skin to see Tony Fernandez, Jay Buhner, Ken Caminiti and Bobby Bo getting votes. C'Mon. I just hope those votes are not taking away from more deserving players.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

I don't think Parker would have gotten to nearly as many hit to the hole at short.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Parker's drug problem costs him. Davy just happened to play in Smith's era and it took a little of the shine off of his defensive ability, but I believe he should be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I don't think Parker would have gotten to nearly as many hit to the hole at short.
    And if Concepcion had attempted to make those two throws Parker made in the 79 All Star Game I would have had the over/under on bounces at about 25.

And if Concepcion had attempted to make those two throws Parker made in the 79 All Star Game I would have had the over/under on bounces at about 25.
    Of course, if Parker made the throw from SS to 1B with his cannon, he'd probably plant the first baseman into the first row of seats.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    I agree. I looked at the bottom of the list and it really gets under my skin to see Tony Fernandez, Jay Buhner, Ken Caminiti and Bobby Bo getting votes. C'Mon. I just hope those votes are not taking away from more deserving players.
    I'd always heard that these votes are usually given to players by the beat writers who covered them in appreciation for their past cooperation. I don't think it affects the overall vote, they are just tacked on in additiion to who they think belongs in the HOF.
    Later,

Tom

"One thing about Adam is he wants to play every day. He's played hurt the last couple of years. A lot of people get on him about a lot of different things, but he plays. A whole lot of people look at what he can't do instead of what he does do for us." - Jerry Narron on Adam Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?