39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rosie

8 20.51%
  • The Donald

31 79.49%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Watching the train wreck

Re: Watching the train wreck

I heard something on the radio today about Trump and Barbra having an off the record conversation reciently in which she allegidly said that working with Rosie was living hell (paraphrasing).

Apparently Donald then turned around and used that as ammo against Rosie.

<pulls up chair, gets his pop corn, and takes in the train wreck>

2. Turn Off Ads?

I can't stand either one, but Rosie's right about Donald's business ethics. He's scum and screws people who have invested with him and has managed to save himself. Plus, he's nowhere near as rich as he makes himself out to be and he inherited all his money. From everyting I've heard, Donald Trump has absolutely no business IQ at all outside of promoting himself. The funniest thing of all is that even in the world of NYC real estate, he's not even one of the more significant players. There are several people whose names you've never heard that hold much more real estate in NYC than does Trump and have been much bigger players than he. He's a joke. But so is Rosie. But I agree with TC, the fat jokes are a whole lot different than Rosie's criticism of him.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I can't stand either one, but Rosie's right about Donald's business ethics. He's scum and screws people who have invested with him and has managed to save himself. Plus, he's nowhere near as rich as he makes himself out to be and he inherited all his money. From everyting I've heard, Donald Trump has absolutely no business IQ at all outside of promoting himself. The funniest thing of all is that even in the world of NYC real estate, he's not even one of the more significant players. There are several people whose names you've never heard that hold much more real estate in NYC than does Trump and have been much bigger players than he. He's a joke.
    That may all be true Mike; but what business is that of Rosie's? Why did she have to use that as a format for the show that morning? Had Trump, prior to this situation, ever made attacks on her? What was her justification?

But I agree with TC, the fat jokes are a whole lot different than Rosie's criticism of him.
    Agreed. But what about when it was rumored that Rosie was joining the show and that Star Jones was leaving (or was fired) so Rosie could take her slot? Rosie came out publically and said some very unkind things about Jone's weight loss. What was with that?

Maybe the Views new theme music should be AC/DC's "Whole Lotta Rosie"
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Does anyone else think that Rosie O'Donnell seems to be a very angry woman who needs anger management? She always has that facial expression of wanting to bite through nails (or someone's head).
    Raises hand....

I don't see how someone can get that worked up and yell about so many different issues. We all have opinions on stuff, of course, but geez. I just get tired listening to her scream on and on and on and on. Of course the only time I listen to her are durring the short clips on The Soup. And still, those 15 second clips of her are too much for me to stomach.

Note to Roise: Because you yell something doesn't mean it's more true.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I have no idea what this is about.

But Trump's hair is evil so I vote the other way.

SCALP ROTATION FLAPS: A type of procedure that involves the lifting and rotation of a strip of hairy scalp which is placed into an area of simultaneously removed balding skin.

http://www.ishrs.org/mediacenter/media-glossary.htm
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Agreed. But what about when it was rumored that Rosie was joining the show and that Star Jones was leaving (or was fired) so Rosie could take her slot? Rosie came out publically and said some very unkind things about Jone's weight loss. What was with that?
    Rosie didn't replace Star; she replaced Meredith. Star left (resigned? fired? I don't know) because she doesn't like Rosie and refused to work with her.

I never heard anything about Rosie making comments regarding Jones' weight loss.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I am not making this up!

Apparently , this is a total work done in response to the ratings decline of the Apprentice show last season.

NBC and the WWE are working out details to drag this out into some type of cross-promotional deal. We may be able to look forward to a fake slap-fest.

The idea is to get people talking as the new season starts- looks like its working.

Future Reds All Star

I watched the show that started this whole thing along with everyone after. I am for Rosie even though I agree she went a little to far a few times but not before be provoked. It's going to be an interesting fight. If Trump keeps his crap up...Barbra will end of suing him!

I just really don't care for Trump and never have. I think he is a very sneaky person who is really full of it! As for suing people, he seems to target someone or an organization a few times a month for some stupid reason. No wonder they man has so much money...has nothing to do with him being a good business man. He TV show is a joke! Thank god for good writers. They can make anyone look like they know what they are talking about or doing .

I don't watch either show. I don't care about what either of these people think about each other. Money and notoriety doesn't mean I have to listen to what either of them have to say, even if what they say is done publicly.

Rose and Donald, you might as well shut up because I only have 24 precious hours in a day and I'm not going to let any of it be taken up by your noise.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by NDRed View Post
    I am not making this up!

Apparently , this is a total work done in response to the ratings decline of the Apprentice show last season.

NBC and the WWE are working out details to drag this out into some type of cross-promotional deal. We may be able to look forward to a fake slap-fest.

The idea is to get people talking as the new season starts- looks like its working.

Here, here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    I never heard anything about Rosie making comments regarding Jones' weight loss.
    I saw the clip TB. It was rather spiteful IMO. Rosie made some offhand remarks about Star's sudden weight loss, and that she had to have had surgery such as by-pass and/or stomach stapling, and that she was setting a bad example for plus size women everywhere, and that she should have been content the way she was. I felt it was none of her business, and she shouldn't have been making public comments about it. But then, that's simply Rosie.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I wonder what Billy Ray Cyrus thinks about all this?

He's usually my barometer on the important issues of the day.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Both of them are LOW, IMO. They have two totally different agendas neither of which I care for. Rosie pushes her politics and "views" (No pun) on her audience everyday. And I do mean PUSH. She's no better than Nancy Grace. If you say ANYTHING back to her you are immediately anti-gay. If your argument is that weak then just shut up. I remember her during the VH-1 VJ hosting days. She seemed so sweet and likeable.

Donald... Geez. Sure he is not a "moral compass" but neither is Rosie. Trump's whole life has been about getting over on someone else. I don't really care for that either. If you read any of his books they basically boil down to screwing someone over and being clever with your words. Street thugs can do that. How much notoriety has he received for something good? Not much. People are fascinated with his hair and his failures. Not much of a role model there.

I voted for Donald on this because he is .001% more right THIS time than Rosie. Hit me up after the next feud and I could go the other way.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    I wonder what Billy Ray Cyrus thinks about all this?

He's usually my barometer on the important issues of the day.
    Just watch Hannah Montana on the Disney Channel. His daughter Miley is the star. He plays her dad on the show (I guess he needed a paycheck). My daughters regularly watch this show.

He no longer has a mullet.

EDIT: and I don't give a rat's butt for either Rosie or the Donald but I think this very public hissy fit is obscenely funny, sad, and horrifying all at once.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

The latest:

(I'm entertained by it all for some reason. I think it's because they're both such cartoon-like characters. It's bizarre that Barbara Walters is trapped in a Looney Tunes episode. )

Trump Calls Barbara 'Sad Figurehead' After Her 'Pathetic Man' Comment
    Poison Pen, Part 2: Donald Trump Fires Off Another Missive at Walters and O'Donnell
    By MARCUS BARAM
    Jan. 10, 2007 — - The Donald has struck again.

Barely an hour after Rosie O'Donnell and Barbara Walters united on "The View" to bash the real estate mogul's poison-pen letter to O'Donnell, Trump issued a statement calling Walters a liar and a "sad figurehead dominated by a third-rate comedian.

"Barbara Walters has taken the low road for the sake of her show rather than the sake of her morality," Trump said in his statement, accusing Walters of lying about her true feelings for O'Donnell.

"They didn't even have the courage to mention me by name. It was sad to see Barbara read her statement off a cue card. Rosie just pushed her out like a ('pathetic') puppet," he said, responding to Walters' calling him "that poor, pathetic man" on this morning's "View."

Trump also said he wished that Walters had never chosen him as one of her "10 Most Fascinating People" in 2004 and insisted that O'Donnell lied about the ratings for "The Apprentice."

A day after Donald Trump's now-infamous letter to Rosie O'Donnell, which threatened to drive a wedge between her and "View" co-host Barbara Walters, the two women united to lash back at him.

Walters called Trump "that poor, pathetic man" and high-fived O'Donnell on "The View" this morning.

As they came onstage and sat in their seats, O'Donnell quipped: "Well, he's at it again. How about that, Barbara?"

In his letter, Trump accused Walters of lying about her true feelings for O'Donnell. He also referred to reputed backstage confrontation between the show's co-hosts

On today's "View," O'Donnell then asked Walters: "You OK?"

Walters cooed back: "I'm OK, darling. You OK?" To which O'Donnell responded: "I'm OK, too."

Then Rosie asked: "What can you say about that guy?"

Walters responded: "That poor, pathetic man," to which the audience cheered and applauded.

O'Donnell said: "Sister friend, give me a high-five!" and reached over to high-five Walters. "He just can't let go, but we're moving on. The man is obsessed with me."

Then, O'Donnell took a swipe at the low ratings for the premiere of Trump's show, "The Apprentice," by saying, "And I'm happy to say, his show tanked. It did!"

The latest drama started when Trump fired off a scathing letter to O'Donnell at her "View" office Tuesday morning, blasting her and Walters.

In the letter, Trump referred to a report in the New York Post that described an apparent backstage confrontation between O'Donnell and Walters over the handling of the recent feud between O'Donnell and Trump.

The real estate mogul released the letter to at least one news organization, and Trump's office independently confirmed the letter's authenticity to ABC News.

Trump began the letter by expressing his hope that O'Donnell had a "wonderful vacation with your wife -- you needed the rest."

Then he went on the attack: The "article in today's New York Post indicates that you blew up at Barbara Walters for being a 'liar.' Actually, I don't blame you, but in fact she lied to both of us! After your maniacal and foolish rant against me two weeks ago, Barbara called me from her vacation (I did not call her) in order to apologize for your behavior."

Trump went on to claim that Walters tried to talk him out of taking revenge on O'Donnell and asked him to appear on "The View" to "patch things up."

He also said that Walters actually disparaged O'Donnell by telling him that "working with her is like living in hell" and "Donald, never get into the mud with pigs" and "don't worry, she won't be here for long."

After he described a reputed incident at Le Cirque restaurant two months ago, at which Trump claimed Walters told him not to "ruin my meal" by talking about O'Donnell, Trump ended the letter with a final jab: "Please give my warmest regards to Kelly!" He was referring to O'Donnell's partner, whose name, Kelli, he misspelled.

A spokesperson for Walters declined to comment on the letter. O'Donnell's spokesperson suggested that viewers tune in to "The View" tomorrow, telling the Associated Press, "It will be a great show."

Of course, this is just the latest salvo between the warring parties. From the moment it began with O'Donnell's comments on "The View" on Dec. 20, 2006, to yesterday's letter and Barbara's comeback, here's a recap of the feud:
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Turn Off Ads?