8 20.51%
  • The Donald

31 79.49%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watching the train wreck

Watching the train wreck

Sometimes you just can't help yourself.

Who's side are you on?
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Watching the train wreck

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    Sometimes you just can't help yourself.

Who's side are you on?
    The Autobots. Optimus Prime is my savior.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

........ and is Barbara a liar?
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

For a Level Playing Field

I was just reading about this at a news site. I usually leave this stuff to my wife, but curiousity got the better of me. I thought it was hilarious that The Donald had the gall to write the letter to Rosie... calling out Barbara Walters and her statements to him. I hate to see two people argue and hate, but this one is funny. Two people that both get on my nerves. I guess the only thing that interests me about either one is when they are publicly fighting with each other.

I think they're both enjoying it...especially Trump.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

I have no idea what this is about.

But Trump's hair is evil so I vote the other way.
    Go Gators!

They showed a hilarious clip on TV last night from the View (I think it was on The Soup. I was browsing channels). The subject of Donald came up and Barbara tells the audience that this wasn't part of the show's format for that day and that none of the woman had talked prior about what was about to be said. The problem? She was looking down and reading from a written script while saying that. Like nobody was going to notice that?

Does anyone else think that Rosie O'Donnell seems to be a very angry woman who needs anger management? She always has that facial expression of wanting to bite through nails (or someone's head).

She had no business saying what she did IMO. Didn't she start the whole thing? Is Trump in charge (or own) that particular pageant? The girl got in trouble, the media was all over it, and he had to make a decision for the sake of the pageant. He simply says that everyone deserves a second chance, and the girl is getting help. Where was he setting himself up, as Rosie says, as some sort of moral authority? Like Rosie is a moral authority?

Was this the same show where Danny DeVito came on drunk last month?
    Last edited by GAC; 01-10-2007 at 09:35 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I say a steel cage death match is the only way to settle this.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Can you add the "This feud is a publicity stunt" option?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I say a steel cage death match is the only way to settle this.
    I agree. Then feed the survivor to a pack of hungry wolves on live TV.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

hate to see two people argue and hate, but this one is funny. Two people that both get on my nerves. I guess the only thing that interests me about either one is when they are publicly fighting with each other.
    My natural inclination is to take a side in an argument, but I don't think I can here.

They are both pretty much morons.

My question is this: Did Walters really tell Trump she hated working with Rosie? He sounds believable, but then that would be a great lie to tell to drive a wedge between Rosie and her boss.

I hate 'em both but this is fun to watch. Every now and then one of them says something about the other that I've thought too but would never say out loud.

I saw reference to "The Soup".

I remember, back in the day, Greg Kinnear getting his start on Comedy Central with "Talk Soup".

Wow. Good Times.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Trump.

Rosie's obnoxious, and she had a sex scene in Nip/Tuck....I had to hold down my lunch during that episode.

Rosie.

Trump made fat jokes and is keeping the whole thing going. (although, I kind of agree with his "bully" remark ....... but coming from him, it's laughable.)

Rosie.

Trump made fat jokes and is keeping the whole thing going. (although, I kind of agree with his "bully" remark ....... but coming from him, it's laughable.)

What Trump said was totally wrong. He should have taken the high road. But didn't she start it by saying some very unkind (and untrue) things about him first?

Was listening to another analysis of this situation, and it concerned Barbara Walters. Rosie is only signed for 1 year. The "rumor" is that this whole situation has been an embarassment to Walters, and she is trying to handle it the best way she can. The View's ratings, prior to hiring Rosie were tanking. It was the reason they added Rosie to try and boost the show's audience.

The rumor is that Walters has wanted out, and that after this year she will exit and the show will basically become Rosie's. So right now Barbara is "saving face" and playing along for the sake of the show's future.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?