Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 76

Thread: R'n'R Hall of Fame: Who Isn't In, But Should Be?

  1. #61
    Harry Chiti Fan registerthis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    5,872

    Re: R'n'R Hall of Fame: Who Isn't In, But Should Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I never knew much about the B-52s, but when I heard John say that Yoko gave them their sound I decided they weren't worth the time or money to find out.
    Yoko Ono = Rock Lobster?

    Yeah, ok, whatever.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: R'n'R Hall of Fame: Who Isn't In, But Should Be?

    That Brian Eno is not recognized by R'nR HOF is testament to the essentially conservative, not revolutionary slant of this organization. Bowie, the talking heads and U2 have been recognized and all of these acts' best recorded work was done with the significant manipulation by Eno. Maybe his most famous works are the Microsoft "jingles" when you log on or off their software.

  4. #63
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,706

    Re: R'n'R Hall of Fame: Who Isn't In, But Should Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    That Brian Eno is not recognized by R'nR HOF is testament to the essentially conservative, not revolutionary slant of this organization. Bowie, the talking heads and U2 have been recognized and all of these acts' best recorded work was done with the significant manipulation by Eno. Maybe his most famous works are the Microsoft "jingles" when you log on or off their software.
    Add Roxy Music to your above list.

    Brian Eno's influence is nothing short of monumental--hell, I'd enshrine him for his solo work alone. There are few better pop albums than Here Come the Warm Jets.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 01-15-2007 at 10:40 PM.

  5. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: R'n'R Hall of Fame: Who Isn't In, But Should Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Add Roxy Music to your above list.

    Brian Eno's influence is nothing short of monumental--hell, I'd enshrine him for his solo work alone. There are fewer better pop albums than Here Come the Warm Jets.
    That's a great recording, as is Before and after science (in his "pop music" material). I'm also re-enjoying Music for Airports and Music for Land (parts 1 and 4 of his ambient series). Ambient Eno is music to work to, create to, run to, -- live your life to.

  6. #65
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,585

    Re: R'n'R Hall of Fame: Who Isn't In, But Should Be?

    If Air Supply or Little River Band ever make it (or get nominated), then the HOF nominating committee has lost all my respect.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  7. #66
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,907

    Re: R'n'R Hall of Fame: Who Isn't In, But Should Be?

    Guns N Roses
    Most Vottomatic Player

  8. #67
    He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    702

    Re: R'n'R Hall of Fame: Who Isn't In, But Should Be?

    Def Freakin' Leppard!
    Motley Crue
    Iron Maiden

  9. #68
    Harry Chiti Fan registerthis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    5,872

    Re: R'n'R Hall of Fame: Who Isn't In, But Should Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Guns N Roses
    One good album does not a hall of famer make.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

  10. #69
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,907

    Re: R'n'R Hall of Fame: Who Isn't In, But Should Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    One good album does not a hall of famer make.
    They had 3 good albums and they would've had more if they would've stuck together and if Axl wasn't an a-hole.
    Most Vottomatic Player

  11. #70
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    41,630

    Re: R'n'R Hall of Fame: Who Isn't In, But Should Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    One good album does not a hall of famer make.
    I suggest that they induct their videos from their last double albums (which should have been just one) Those videos are the best example for the horror of excess in the world of video music, and it cemented Axl as the Colonel Kurtz of hair metal.

    That said, the GnR show I saw in Columbus is one of my all time top 5 concerts

  12. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    272

    Re: R'n'R Hall of Fame: Who Isn't In, But Should Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I suggest that they induct their videos from their last double albums (which should have been just one) Those videos are the best example for the horror of excess in the world of video music, and it cemented Axl as the Colonel Kurtz of hair metal.

    That said, the GnR show I saw in Columbus is one of my all time top 5 concerts
    Were you at the one with Skid Row as the opener at Deer Creek in 1991? I remember Axl taking his sweet time and like at least an hour and a half before they hit the stage.

  13. #72
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    41,630

    Re: R'n'R Hall of Fame: Who Isn't In, But Should Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by timmario66 View Post
    Were you at the one with Skid Row as the opener at Deer Creek in 1991? I remember Axl taking his sweet time and like at least an hour and a half before they hit the stage.
    Nope, missed that. The Columbus one was the same setup though.

  14. #73
    2009: Fail Ltlabner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,441

    Re: R'n'R Hall of Fame: Who Isn't In, But Should Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by timmario66 View Post
    Were you at the one with Skid Row as the opener at Deer Creek in 1991? I remember Axl taking his sweet time and like at least an hour and a half before they hit the stage.
    I saw Skid Row open for GnR in Lexington, KY just before Use your Illusions were released. A fantastic show. The only downer was that we were hearing a lot of songs for the first time. But overall, a great show.

    I also saw Sound Garden open for GnR later in the same tour in Dayton, OH. Horrible show. Sound Garden came on and the gituarist was drunk. He actually peed on the stange. Then GnR was 3 hours late. Rose was in a foul mood and spent most of the time ranting about this and that. They played a really long show but by the time they came on after midnight most of us were so tired/chemically enhanced that we didn't care much about the show.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

    I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

  15. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    272

    Re: R'n'R Hall of Fame: Who Isn't In, But Should Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    I saw Skid Row open for GnR in Lexington, KY just before Use your Illusions were released. A fantastic show. The only downer was that we were hearing a lot of songs for the first time. But overall, a great show.

    I also saw Sound Garden open for GnR later in the same tour in Dayton, OH. Horrible show. Sound Garden came on and the gituarist was drunk. He actually peed on the stange. Then GnR was 3 hours late. Rose was in a foul mood and spent most of the time ranting about this and that. They played a really long show but by the time they came on after midnight most of us were so tired/chemically enhanced that we didn't care much about the show.
    The Columbus show was right before Use your Illusion as well. A bunch of new songs no one knew except Live and Let Die made for a long night.

  16. #75
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    41,630

    Re: R'n'R Hall of Fame: Who Isn't In, But Should Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by timmario66 View Post
    The Columbus show was right before Use your Illusion as well. A bunch of new songs no one knew except Live and Let Die made for a long night.
    The venue was a race Track, we had Row XX tickets... problem was the rows ended at WW.

    Whoops!!

    They comped us 10th row center, magic.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25