Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPod / MP3 player

Re: iPod / MP3 player

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRedsGM View Post
    Ok, I've been reading about some players at bestbuy.com. Some of them say taht music compatibility is either Rhapsody, or Napster, or Zune, or something like that.

Is there an mp3 player that I can use in conjuction with my own CDs and yahoo musicmatch player that I already have on my computer? What about with Limewire?
    Itunes, lets you import songs from Limewire through itunes into the ipod, thats how I mainly download those pesty "one-hit-wonders". You can also copy full cd's to itunes to your ipod.

Its one of the lovely features I adore about my ipod video.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

2. Turn Off Ads?

check out toshiba gigabeat 30G or 60G versions... you dont have to use a proprietary format, which i despise. i will never own an ipod, or a zune. if it can't/won't support the standard mp3 format, then its trash IMO.

The Toshiba Gigabeat S handles MP3, WMA Lossless, and WAV, as well as WMV and WMA. Other video formats, such as MPEG-4, AVI, DivX, and MOV, are automatically transcoded in Windows Media Player 11 (DivX video support was planned but not implemented). It also supports WMA subscription services such as Napster and MTV Urge, and it is compatible with Tivo To Go and Media Center recordings. It can be connected to and controlled via an Xbox 360 and soon the Starz Vongo download and subscription service, which will cost about $10 per month for all-you-can-eat movies.

you should not HAVE to use a 3rd party service like rhapsody, itunes, napster, etc to get your music... only if you choose to.

I personally use direct connect peer to peer application to find my mp3's, and i never have to convert a file into a different format unless i so choose.

check out www.cnet.com for tech reviews on a whole buttload of mp3 players - editorial and user reviews for your convenience. research, learn, and make your choice. don't settle for crap.
    Last edited by cincyinco; 01-14-2007 at 03:59 PM.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    check out toshiba gigabeat 30G or 60G versions... you dont have to use a proprietary format, which i despise. i will never own an ipod, or a zune. if it can't/won't support the standard mp3 format, then its trash IMO.

The Toshiba Gigabeat S handles MP3, WMA Lossless, and WAV, as well as WMV and WMA. Other video formats, such as MPEG-4, AVI, DivX, and MOV, are automatically transcoded in Windows Media Player 11 (DivX video support was planned but not implemented). It also supports WMA subscription services such as Napster and MTV Urge, and it is compatible with Tivo To Go and Media Center recordings. It can be connected to and controlled via an Xbox 360 and soon the Starz Vongo download and subscription service, which will cost about $10 per month for all-you-can-eat movies.

you should not HAVE to use a 3rd party service like rhapsody, itunes, napster, etc to get your music... only if you choose to.

I personally use direct connect peer to peer application to find my mp3's, and i never have to convert a file into a different format unless i so choose.

check out www.cnet.com for tech reviews on a whole buttload of mp3 players - editorial and user reviews for your convenience. research, learn, and make your choice. don't settle for crap.
    This post is so full of mis-information it will make your head spin. The only things that certain players won't play is the "legal online store" files. Things that you download from your direct connect (I use that too, metal hub FTW) play on any mp3 player. Zune, Ipod, whatever. Only the tracks bought from the I-Tunes Store, or the Zune Marketplace, or whatever the service, are locked into any particular player.

Turn Off Ads?